Posting Photos

Please report any problems you encounter so we can get them fixed.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Posting Photos

Post by T1 Terry »

When you double click on a picture it generally opens in windows picture manager. Across the top bar, about centre, you will see "edit picture" click on that button, down the right hand side you will see a button, "compress picture" click on that, it should come up with the size the picture is now beside "original:" there is a heading "compress for" ant there are a number of choices, "do not compress" "Documents" "Webpage" "Email" click on the circle beside each one and see what size is shown as the compressed size, the aim is to get it smaller than 200kB but not smaller than 50 Kb or the picture will be too small.
When you have the size you want, click "OK" In the top left hand corner you will see "File" click on that, 4th one down should be "save as" look for the folder you want to save it in, give it a name you will remember that is different to the name of the original picture and click "save"
When you want to put a picture up in a post, down near the bottom if you scroll down you will see "Browse...." click on there, find the folder you put the picture in, then find the name of the picture, double click on it, it should appear as the file name in the box beside "Browse..." click on "add the file" a window will oipen towards the top left of the screen and a loading bar will flash across until it's finished loading the picture.
Now, click on the post in the spot you want the picture to appear, then click "post in line" click on preview and you should see what your post will look like with the picture in it, if you are happy with the way it looks, click on "submit" and wait for the post to appear on the forum thread before you go on to look at anywhere else, you might have posted the same time or just after someone else and it will show you their post so you can decide if you still want to post your post, if you do, click on submit again.

With a bit of liuck you should be able to get a picture in one of your posts :D
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

:? :? :? :? :? :lol: :lol: :lol: yep
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

What are you trying to say Dottie :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

8-) 8-) 8-) :| :| :| :P :P :P ;)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

That's what I thought you said
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

T1 Terry wrote:.... give it a name you will remember that is different to the name of the original picture ...
This needs to be emphasised as IMPORTANT because of the bleedin obvious - if you do not rename the temporary file, the original will be overwritten and lost for eternity.

Even if the file is put in another directory with the same file name as the original, as sure as Murphy exist, one day you will see that there are duplicate files and inevitably the original will be deleted and the temporary saved. :(

My solution is to put the temporary file in a "temp" or "junk" directory with an "x" on the original file name which makes doing a search on say, "*x.jpg" files all appear for group deletion - and as Alexander sez, "simples". :lol:

dawg (the asterisk in the above file name acts like a wild card finding any file that has an "x" in it, so BE CAREFUL there as some of your good files may have an "x" in them.)
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
Helen Grose

Post by Helen Grose »

Well hello everyone who has helped me i am still finding it hard but at least i can get the writing up on the post not the photo I will give a yell when i get it .Its not the computer but the operater. i will not give up
I thank
you all for the help you have given me
Take care Helen the reformed boring one :? :? :?
Dot

Post by Dot »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I said Nothing, honest ;)
Hey Helen, never give up. :D
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Helen, don't lose heart, you aint the only one here who cant get the piccys right.........poor Dot has had to put up pics for me and I am still not sure how to do any of this stuff. xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
dapope

Post by dapope »

Dot cannot poke the borax either....... :lol: :lol:
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..