Not a secure site?

Please report any problems you encounter so we can get them fixed.
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Not a secure site?

Post by BruceS »

Good-Oh Keith!
Regards to Russell! Tell him Vets are nice people!!
PS: Ivermectin (sheep drench) is good for dogs & keeps fleas & ticks at bay!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

BruceS wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:33 pm Native Pepper the fault is now fixed. Try it again please & report back?

Terry it all started with cPanel not pushing through the update expiry on the Security Certificate.
I then advised people how to browse without getting the error.
Now I need them to return to "normal transmission Houston".
Start with https rather than http ............. as previously advised.

Bernie ... check your emails.

Geoff, thanks for the "all clear Houston".

George have you tested yet?

Bill, comments now please?

Wendy, it's lunch time!
You missed, where's the icecream...... All good here from first log on this morning even using the link saved in the frequent websites list IE features in the browser tab window
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

It was a server problem, which Bruce has fixed and works fine now Bruce, thanks.

G'day Terry, I believe IE is at the lower end of browser usage, google chrome is first followed by Firefox last time I checked ands ie was way down the list. It may have changed a bit since the introduction of edge, but from the word around, edge is worse than IE, which along with edge is renowned for being the most privacy invasive browsers available, closely followed by safari and chrome.

I use Firefox, Midori and Qupzilla, all safe, Firefox is the most intrusive of the 3, but is easily configured to be safe and non intrusive. Firefox has a private browser window setting, which doesn't collect anything at all and has no history attached to it. Linux systems are decades ahead of win or apple, you own and can do what you like with your linux system, unlike the others, which you don't own, but hire and have no control or ability to customise, or change your system to run the way you want it to. In fact you can build your own system from scratch or alter another one to do what you want.

Most major servers on the planet are linux so very compatible for linux users, because of their safety and security.

I use a linux password manager, that way you don't have to remember lots of passwords, just the manager one and it also means no one can access your passwords as they are encrypted and vaulted. KeePassX is a good password manager for windows, don't know how secure it is, but lots use it and are happy with it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Always has been an issue actually measuring browser useage as can be seen by reading this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_sha ... b_browsers If you consider all PC's using any of the Microsoft office programs default to IE and very few people are actually interested in messing with other browser, especially after the first few issues arise, logic says IE will be the most common PC browser. The increase in smart phone use will affect those numbers no doubt so maybe it was a bit strong saying IE was the most commonly used, maybe a clarifier with the addition of the most common PC browser used might put a bit of balance into the statement.
When Margaret was an IT tech at CSC the hatred of anything associated with Microsoft was rampant so most tried every different browser available.... after a few mths most were back to IE and only the new chums sprouted on about other browsers being superior and as their experience increased the raving quietened down. On the shop floor, or the thousands of computers throughout the Bluescope, Billiton and other major clients the problems all revolved around non IE browser use, to the point the Billiton locked down their software application and IE was the one they chose for reliability, you were in big trouble if you attempted to use any other browser.
If it's good enough for business that size and the level of IT knowledge within such an organisation then I'll go with their accumulated knowledge of just what works best ;)

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Yes Bruce, tested and it's all go, thanx.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
mikeg

Post by mikeg »

All good for me now also.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Thank you Mike.
All I can say to all those that have had problems is .... sorry.! 8-)
I can assure you I've been so frustrated & the ears of those responsible are still ringing!!
It's caused a lot of frustration, anger and work for both me & yourselves.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Thank you 😇
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Bruce, When I post I get a response that says
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Bruce, When I post I get a response that shows text that states this site can't provide a secure connection, and also that
OZERV did not sent an invalid response. Is this a 'me' problem? or it something site related?
Other sites like AMH seem to be OK.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.