Setting image attributes

Please report any problems you encounter so we can get them fixed.
Grandad

Setting image attributes

Post by Grandad »

On my Mini Franklin rebuild thread several of my photos should be portrait orientated are displaying in landscape.
They're orientated correctly in their raw form as when I right click > 'Open link in new tab' they display correctly.

I tried to resurrect some past knowledge of BB code and came up with the following.

Code: Select all

[img=50x150]https://www.mydomain.com/images/picture.jpg[/img] 
It worked for one, had zero effect on another and caused a third one to disappear entirely.
My memory may be a bit off on BB code. I did try some experimenting but things just got worse. In the end, I just backed on out.

Can anyone shine any light of what i'm doing wrong?

Cheers
Jim
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Setting image attributes

Post by BruceS »

I'll check it out Jim.
I'm not sure how you are posting them. Are you on a Mac?

OK I see you are live-linking to photos that are on your website?
Doing that causes this website to throw security warnings to everyone because of unknown bonefide of the images.
It also causes the server the forum is on to go into overload everytime a person looks at a page your photos are on.
Up until now I've resisted blocking external linking ......
Jim can you have a go at either using the forum uploading facility or the provided photo album?
If that is asking too much perhaps you can just link to each photo & let the browsing person go look at your website?
eg.
Running electrical cables...
http://www.byers.net.au/jim/pumpkin/21.JPG
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Grandad

Testing Only Disregard

Post by Grandad »

"Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequun ur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet,
15.JPG
consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?"
14.JPG
"Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet,
28.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Ok, Thanks Bruce.
I take it you're the webmaster?
You poor bugger! :lol: :lol: :x I feel for you. Been there. Done that. Don't wish to do it again. ;)

The byers.net.au domain name is for email purposes only. All members of my family have an address here. When they change ISP's they don't have to change email addresses too. Plus, it's kind of cool to have your name as your email address. There is no website attached to that domain name.

I just use a sub-directory for forum use. I have pictures on forums in the directory going back 15 years. Zero chance of a 'Photobucket' fiasco happening.
In the past, other forum webmasters have preferred hot-linking to my server as it doesn't impact on their server capacity or their bandwidth.
i presume these aren't issues with you?

And, I'm sorry, I personally dislike reading someone's post that just has links to photos. I like to see the photo itself. Just a little personal quirk of mine.
And attachments usually all line up across the bottom of the post so you can't desribe each photo as they come up.
BUT.... on this forum you can have them inline AND... they offer a thumbnail so viewers can decide if they want to click on it or not.
My experimenting above may suit us both.

Perfect, that will work for me if it suits you better.

Now, how much are my current photos hot-linked to my server causing you server issues? Would you like me to edit them all and make them inline attachments instead?

Thanks for your help mate.

Cheers
Jim
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Yep I like the results of your experimenting!
There are a few traveling with limited data on 3G/4G services so it's their choice to use data or not.
BruceS
Mannum, SA