Thought for Today

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Thought for Today

Post by BruceS »

OK. I'll provide a link to it but be warned it's about 70mb in size.
It was edited to add some photos of the troops and in particular a couple that lost their lives over there.
One shot is of my cousin ... Porky Hawker. (Google it if interested)
https://www.merrett.com.au/foreverrun.avi
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:51 am Just thinking out loud...
Given the current brou-ha-ha in our National Parliament, we could have saved the multi-million $$$ cost of a two-year Royal Commission into aged care neglect (which the PM has already indicated will result in all the appropriate noises, but ‘business as usual’) and simply sent an anonymous letter to ScoMo... :? :shock:
Only works if you CC a heap of other pollies and scatter it across all the parties, then it can't denied because they all have a copy that shows it did go to ScoMo ...
Actually, I just realised that ScoMo is the antonym to FoMo, FoMo is the fear of missing out, ScoMo appears to be the fear of proof he didn't miss out ..... :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

They’re coming out of the woodwork now... as I suspected they would!
How on earth is a person expected to prove he didn’t rape a girl 33 years after the alleged event?!?! Especially with the accuser now deceased. (And why didn’t she report the matter 32.5 years ago?)
Guilt by accusation.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

If you boiled a pot of funny bones, would it make a laughing stock? Not sure if that is humorous? Tried it with clown fish but it tasted funny .......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

T1 Terry wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:57 pm If you boiled a pot of funny bones, would it make a laughing stock? Not sure if that is humorous? Tried it with clown fish but it tasted funny .......

T1 Terry
"tanks" here T-1,
Time for some more funny pills mate.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

It has been found in a number of obesity studies that the brain can become confused between hunger and thirst. There are also a number of studies that link heart and other fatal health problems with excess weight.
With this in mind, I'm going on a health kick diet, a bottle of good red wine every time I feel hungry because I read some where that red wine was good for the heart and brain function ... and alcohol kills off the slower moving brain cells, clearly evident because I feel so much smarter after a few drinks 8-)
It might be a while before I can report on the success of this diet ... well in a clear enough way between the typos that it can be read anyway :lol:

T1 Terry
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
I've been on that diet for years.
Works a charm!! :D
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

New study shows bodies found from the Bermuda Triangle all died from heat exhaustion...

... Everyone knows its 180 degrees inside a triangle, so why would people even bother to travel through it?

T1 Terry
dapope

Post by dapope »

Greynomad wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:39 pm They’re coming out of the woodwork now... as I suspected they would!
How on earth is a person expected to prove he didn’t rape a girl 33 years after the alleged event?!?! Especially with the accuser now deceased. (And why didn’t she report the matter 32.5 years ago?)
Guilt by accusation.
If you had any experience of dealing with people who have experienced PTSD you would appreciate why she didnt report the matter 32.5 years ago, or more recently.
Same applies to all those coming out of the woodwork. I can promise you trying to help people around this sort of behaviour is hard work.
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

I still have difficulty with the idea that it’s OK to name the accused, while the accuser can remain anonymous.
And I stand by the idea that it’s impossible to prove that something DIDN’T happen.
Guilt by accusation.
Been there, done that.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields