Good morning daily

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Macca

Re: Good morning daily

Post by Macca »

Good morning all. Glad to hear all ok at RV Lesley. At last rain worth mentioning in the guage. 25ml past 24 hours in nice steady rain. Safe travel all who are on the road. Back to knee man on Thursday to try to persuade him to do my knee. I am past putting up with the night pain which is getting worse. 20 mins of brisk walk is the most can do now and want to get back to sort of normal before next yar when we want to go "somewhere".
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Morning all trust you all have a great weekend. Macca if you have private cover my bloke does not charge a gap and is excellent, pm me if you want a name cheers
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Macca wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:50 am Good morning all. Glad to hear all ok at RV Lesley. At last rain worth mentioning in the guage. 25ml past 24 hours in nice steady rain. Safe travel all who are on the road. Back to knee man on Thursday to try to persuade him to do my knee. I am past putting up with the night pain which is getting worse. 20 mins of brisk walk is the most can do now and want to get back to sort of normal before next yar when we want to go "somewhere".
You could change your diet and do a cleaning regime for 4 weeks, seen it work for a number of people who were inline for new knees, or suffer arthritis badly. Now they don't need it, but it does mean you have to stick to the dietary changes or it will come back. Did fixed my arthritis decades ago as it was starting to severely restrict my playing, now have no arthritis and except for a stuffed hand, am still extremely flexible and healthy. Started jogging again the other day and it feels so good to be able to run again and no pain in my hand.

Also know a few who had knee replacements, and none of them are happy with the long term results. They went through what they call the honeymoon period, which can last a few years, but the stats say, in the long run pain returns as your bones and muscles start to suffer from the effects of having all that metal grinding on them.
Macca

Post by Macca »

Hi Robert. Hope you enjoying SA! PM me his name but there is a guy at Sunny coast area who is retiring this weekend and used to do no gap & yes we have top cover.
My mind is made up as to what I am going to do and arthritis pain can be helped but not cured no matter what anyone says. Nothing can fix my knee problem except replacement which I have to accept after seeing MRI and fully explained to us.
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Macca wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:44 pm Hi Robert. Hope you enjoying SA! PM me his name but there is a guy at Sunny coast area who is retiring this weekend and used to do no gap & yes we have top cover.
My mind is made up as to what I am going to do and arthritis pain can be helped but not cured no matter what anyone says. Nothing can fix my knee problem except replacement which I have to accept after seeing MRI and fully explained to us.

It's great you've made up your mind Macca and your knee may be well beyond the ability to repair. But please don't dismiss other approaches to good health, when what the current medical science says about the necessity and outcomes for knee and hip replacements, compared to lifestyle and dietary approaches.

Given the chance, our bodies are really amazing when it comes to healing and regeneration. I had a prognosis of 18mths left when 26, after they removed the lower lobe of right lung, yet I'm still here and it was the changes made to my diet and lifestyle that did that and nothing else. Not peter Mcallum clinic where they almost killed me off quickly.

My hand is another example for me, with the damage they told me it would be 4-6 weeks before the plaster came off and 8 weeks for the wires to came out. After 2 weeks and an xray, they took of the cast and just a splint. Thursday was 4 weeks and after another xray, the surgeon removed the wires and told me the bones tendons and muscles, had almost repaired. They questioned me as to how it could be and when I told them diet and fasting, which left them stunned and probably disbelieving. I'm 73, 186c, 65kg, take no medication, can not only touch my toes, but place my palms on the ground. Run every day, lift weights, am pretty fit and still have a good head of hair. I'm also lazy and have to push myself to stay fit, when you play music for a living, you need to be fit and healthy. You can't not turn up for gig, because you feel off.

If my hand comes good with no problems and still able to play properly, those living along the Murray, may see what I have achieved when we play there next year. Until this happened to my hand, we had planned a tour through sth Vic into SA and up to the Murray then into the RIverina and down to the NSW far coast before heading home. Already have some tentative bookings, but it has all come to a halt until see if the hand can do what it did before, musically.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Interesting read NP, where did you learn about fasting & diet?
Shirley & Bruce.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Good morning everyone , its raining again here and looks like a bit still to come on the "BOM" .
Bernie .
bob r

Post by bob r »

Morning Bernie wat about you come down here to Mendooran?.....and bring some of that rain with you.

Bob
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

G'day Shirley, when given my prognosis, a nurse at peter Mc callum suggested I go to someone she knew who was a naturopath, she is still a very close friend and lives the same life style after 40 odd years. Had no idea what that was, but was desperate so decided to check it out and he told me he couldn't help me, but could show me how to help myself. Spent 18 months almost every day with him learning how to live and help others, was amazed at how it seemed to be working. Then one day he told me had learnt enough and it was time for me to go and find my answers, which stumped me at the time. Went for a full check up and they said my health had improved greatly. During that time I gave up my life as a builder, became a muso and started my search.

Since have gained qualifications in osteopathy, sports injures, kiniseology, naturopathic nutrition, herbology, iridology and other natural approaches, even homeopathy (which doesn't work at all in my opinion). Also got involved in a cancer survival and NDE group, which still continues today.

Back in the early 1980's, when based in the ACT, ran the Yarralumla clinic of natural therapies for 5 years, with great success. However had to give that away as some who came to us were beginning to see me a some form of guru healer, when that facts were it was the changes they underwent which did the job, not me and got sick of people coming back time and time again. They only took my advise for a short time then reverted back to their old ways, which really pissed me off. Decided wasn't cut out to be a healer, so the music took over completely and have never looked back.

Still help people who get recommended to me by others in our group round Aus, but also realise you can't change someone unless they want to change themselves. One day when playing a gig in Canberra, suddenly realised how one could control people with music and make their day a lot better. There is so much satisfaction in seeing a group of rural people, who are struggling with their lives, suddenly come alive and really enjoy themselves and that's what we aim for. Plus rural people rarely get good music, so that's where we play 90% of the time.

We also play at nursing and aged care facilities, for lunch time gigs as a community service, as they have such miserable lives there and give them a full concert of music they can relate to. Always get them bopping along no matter how sick they are and that's so satisfying, especially as we do their requests if we can, or promise to do them the next time and always do. It's a form of healing work, for those we play to and us as we always end up chatting to people and without them knowing, impart knowledge that could help them. It's amazing the amount of knowledge you pick up on many subjects interacting with rural people and there are times we can pass that knowledge on to others, even if we may not understand it completely ourselves. What people do with that knowledge and advice, is up to them, no one can help anyone, unless they want help and are prepared to use it.

The real facts are, more than 90% of illness and biological break down, can be fixed or greatly improved with proper diet, nutrition and lifestyle. The bloke who put me on this path, always said to me remember, the only true constant in the universe is change, if you can live by positive change, you will evolve in life and understanding.

My life on the streets as a kid showed me that, if you didn't change and adapt, you didn't survive long and that's how I approach my life. I learn new things every day, change my approach and thinking on life. It works for me and has made me content with where I sit within life, doesn't make me better than others, just different. But muso's are different people so hide within that realm when I need too, for peace of mind and acceptance. Plus I just love playing and seeing people happy, it's also great to see the publicans with big grins on their faces bopping along behind the bar. When the gig gets to that stage, everyone is happy and its a fantastic feeling, we normally get to that stage within the first 5 songs, when we work out what turns them on. From there everyone has a ball including us, most times.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Thanks NP, think diet is very important, good nutrition you are what you drink & eat.
Shirley & Bruce.