Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
RobertNotBob

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by RobertNotBob »

John look forward to a cook up when next planned.
Night Dot best to Mr G, take care all cheers Robert
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Now that you mention it Dot, it's getting a bit chilly here too. Bah humbug , that's what I say. Dont like cold weather. bbbbrrrr xxxx

Had a bit of a bang in the kiln today. One of the plates that I put in, just sort of exploded (fairly quietly), but I found many pieces of it around the floor of the kiln. The rest of the load were not affected. I expect that the exploded one would have had some invisible flaw somewhere. There was another identical bowl and it fired fine, so not too unhappy about losing that one. The last of the bowls to be fire tested go in tomorrow, so I can start using them next week maybe.

goodnight everyone xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

John I hope you are taking pics of the little house transformation.
Was another beaut day today but wow was it a chilly night.
Keep up the experiments Deborah.
I'm off to bed now so Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Dapope aka Martin x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Gee Dot, it sounds like I am trying to be a bit of a mad professor...promise, this is normal in glass circles....honest xxxx

Today I spent in my shed , most of the day. I took 3 plates out of the kiln, drilled a few holes in them (to let out trapped hot air in the kiln) then the rest of the day was spent trying to scuff up the surfaces to help them to hold on to kiln wash. Been a slow day and not a lot to show for it.

goodnight one and all xxx
Deborah

Dot

Post by Dot »

Hey Deborah maybe you could assist Chuck :lol: Are you melting the stainless steel down to then mould into something else?? I have been in my PJ's all day today :o :o My footy team won again so all in all a pretty good day. Now a nice warm shower is waiting for me so Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Bernie x :D (have you heard from Janelle lately?)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Love the way you are thinking Dot.xxxx Stainless steel doesn't melt in the kiln, that's why it makes such good moulds. I buy different sized bowls and serving trays (that will fit in a 12inch diameter kiln) and put the glass over the top of the S.Steel to shape it in the heat.

Currently I have been testing porcelain bowls and plates to see if they will be usable. Today's kilnload were 5 ceramic plates and bowls. 1 broke, so it was tossed. The rest had to be drilled and scuffed up to make them usable too. So that was finished before lunch today. I think I have perfected that skill now, so probably wont need to be doing it again, well not until I find a shaped bowl in Vinnies that I can't resist. The afternoon was spent making a heart shaped bowl for the mothers day stall. I guess I will be making a few of them. So that will go into the kiln for it's first firing tomorrow.

sleep tight you lot xxx
Deborah

Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Dot wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:38 pm Hey Deborah maybe you could assist Chuck :lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

My 'hot air' is working just fine thankyou - generally control manageable - & I shall consider my diet the night before we meet up again. :twisted: :twisted:
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Dot

Post by Dot »

:lol: :lol: you lot really crack me up. Chuck are you threatening me with the fish chowder aftermath ??? ;) Did nothing worth talking about today so I'm off to bed so Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Norman x :D
Dot

Post by Dot »

Well you lot have been busy today with one thing and another, broken bits on Rays rig, Terry and Bruce getting T's rig ready to hit the road WHEN? :lol: . Pet-els changing direction, I have been trying to decide what clothes to put back into the bus (how many and what colours), Gman has been making the windbreak for Pete (the corella) for when we get away, can't have the poor thing getting too cold. Having a hell of a time trying to get through to bloody Kogan that an item we got doesn't do what they said it does :roll: :roll: Never get to speak to a person at all either. Been another great day and a few more expected this week :D Might head off to bed now, nothing on TV as usual so Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Craig, are you glad to be home? x :D
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Looks like you have been busier than I Dot. Keep it up mate, having a laugh is what helps the best xxx

I have been having trouble with my energy supplier . (not the solar supplier, by the way). I rang red energy , last week, to see that I was on the best plan for us and got a real smart arse who didn't answer my questions well at all. So today when I had a bloke come to the door I listened to him. He was down the road giving a quote for a mate of ours, saw all of my panels and wanted to sell me some fancy new things (battery backup). He got a shock when I filled him in about our lovely lithium batteries.But then asked what company we are with and what do they pay? Red energy gives us 11 cents per kilowhatever, he told me to investigate origin and agl, who are now paying 20 cents. That makes a huge difference to our bills. So this afternoon, after a lot of research, I changed to origin. I am not even giving red energy the chance to try to match it after the smarty pants I spoke to last week. Guess I have the last laugh even now.

goodnight one and all xxx
Deborah