Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
bob r

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by bob r »

Good night Dot good news ay.

Bob
Dot

Post by Dot »

Nothing worth watching on TV these days, everything is a dam repeat of the repeat Even the "news" is not news :roll: Watched Monty Python and that was all that was worth watching. Having a few days off from doggie sitting but in a fortnight we shall have Rosy for 2 mths as her mum has to go and look after her mother back in UK. Deborah when you get a person that you can not understand ask them to put you through to an Australian. Time to hit the sack, (have been up for a whole 10hrs) and I'm knackered. Goodnight everyone :D Goodnight Bernie x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Good night Dottie, don't dream about eating a steak or you might wake up with half your arm/tongue missing ;) Sleep well everyone, I've fed enough mozzies to populate the whole of WA tonight so I'm heading inside. these buggers seem to be immune to mozzie coils, aerogaurd, Rid and just about immune to a slap with the hand :twisted:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, I asked about ten different times to speak with an Aussie, they are just so poorly trained and can't manage if you use a word that is not on their script. Get some good sleep Dotty one, xxxx

We had a power blackout today, just at 4:50 when all businesses are trying to pack up for the night. Our problem was that the solar system didn't click in and give us power from the battery. It was lucky that we were home to see this unfold. I rang the emergency number for the solar company, and got the owner of the show. He was a bit perplexed as to how that could happen. He was gong to come back from Sydney to take a look tonight, but luckily the power was restored. Techy coming on Monday at sparrows to fix the issue.

Goodnight everyone xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

Very tired today couldn't stay awake at all. finally fell out of bed just after 2pm :oops: must be the weather. Time to have a nice shower and head off to the faithful bed once again so once again goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight SteveW x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Still so hot here at the moment, sweating sitting outside the Hino so probably time to turn the air con on and try to get some sleep. Certainly not accustomed to the humidity any more, Mannum has spoilt us with the dry heat, looking forward to being able to actually get dry again after a shower.
Night all, sleep well
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

dream4red wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:15 am Dot, I asked about ten different times to speak with an Aussie, they are just so poorly trained and can't manage if you use a word that is not on their script. Get some good sleep Dotty one, xxxx

We had a power blackout today, just at 4:50 when all businesses are trying to pack up for the night. Our problem was that the solar system didn't click in and give us power from the battery. It was lucky that we were home to see this unfold. I rang the emergency number for the solar company, and got the owner of the show. He was a bit perplexed as to how that could happen. He was gong to come back from Sydney to take a look tonight, but luckily the power was restored. Techy coming on Monday at sparrows to fix the issue.

Goodnight everyone xxx
The answer to that problem will be interesting, hope it will be truthful. Have heard of few folk who expected amazing things from their battery when the power went out, none have lived up to the hype. Most discovered the catch phrase "but our lights were still on" was about the best you could expect, a few lights to stay on as long as the power wasn't off for too long. They seemed to think the house would still be powered as if it was on the mains still. For the price they are asking you'd certainly expect that, but it doesn't seem to be the reality.

T1 Terry
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

No Terry, we have a lithium battery system. We have had solar on the house with backup for the fridge and lights for yonks. It is only last year that we added another dozen solar panels to the roof and improved the battery to a lithium one. In the past the system has worked amazingly, but we had a techy out last week fixing a crimp that had been missed and was causing the whole system to short. I reckon he turned the solar off to work on it, and then forgot to turn it back on. For us, it was just lucky that we were home when it happened, otherwise it could have been a different story. Here is what I believe we have;
2.9kW GoodWe inverter
8.8Wh LG lithium battery
Plus 25 solar panels on the roof. Now does it make sense why the power outage should not have affected us?

Dot, enjoy the sleepy days, we all need to stop sometimes and you have had a hectic week. xxxx

After setting the kiln up to fire some stainless steel bowls that I bought from vinnies, I left it to it's own devices....silly move. Somehow, it stopped at 545 degrees and wasn't going anywhere. So once I found that, I reprogrammed it and restarted it and all is well. To use the bowls for molds, they need to be heated up to the highest temp, to cure the steel, before you an use them with glass.
Next job was to cook up the gazillion tiny tomatoes that seem to pop up everywhere in our garden.SO tomato relish is smelling the house up, even tho it's been in jars for a long time now.
All this cooking is most tiring,
so goodnight one and all xxx
Deborah

Dot

Post by Dot »

Goodnight one and all x :D goodnight Toolman x :D hope you had a great birthday. No appointments this week woo hoo :D :D
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Gee Dot, no appointments, take to the road and get some real R& R , if that's not possible, then take your sleep in times and enjoy the luxury.xxxx

Another weird day in the lair. The air cone that was fixed last Friday has miraculously developed a drip again.That company will be getting a phone call tomorrow, with the request to send someone else thanks. I fired up a couple of bits of glass. One to become a plate and the other a bowl...tomorrow we will know if it worked or not.

Goodnight from me xxx
Deborah