Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by Greynomad »

Keith Morris wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:47 pm
Greynomad wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:03 pm
Keith Morris wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:24 pm "tanks" here---
Good night Dot.
I got in before you and I'm off to bed to try for some sleep.
Mr Major is watching t v 'till I turn it off, and then he will come to bed.
Keith
Hey Keith,
I’ll bet Major prefers watching DOGumentaries!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"tanks" here--Ray,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPKTQkkK3YM
Mr. Major enjoyed this - as did I; and you may like it also,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPKTQkkK3YM
Keith is off to bed, so good night all.
Keith,
No. 1 brings back memories.
No. 2... I think Eric should have rested on his laurels and not messed with Rising Sun. His voice has aged along with his face, and messing with the lyrics didn’t work.
I loved the guitar solo opening. Hollow-core guitars sound much better than solid core, especially in the hands of a good player. And the sight of a balding man with a ginger ponytail is just off-putting!
Like the Rolling Stones, the Animals should have retired decades ago, and not spoiled our memories of their hits.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Helen Grose

Post by Helen Grose »

Good night everyone have a good sleep
HTFFBO Helen
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---
What is it with these State Premiers who want to close the State Borders all the time for minor reasons.
The WA nut now proposes to keep the WA Border restrictions in place as a permanent blockade.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---
What is it with these State Premiers who want to close the State Borders all the time for minor reasons.
The WA nut now proposes to keep the WA Border restrictions in place as a permanent blockade.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Tanks, hasn't there always been a checking station on the WA/SA border. I used to know a guy who's job it was to shoot sparrows and starlings that tried to fly overland. Not sure if they still do that.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

We knew an elderly man who has a sulpher crested cocky and a dog and was heading to WA. At the WA/SA they told him he had to have a permit for the cocky to get into WA. They took all his seed and many ph calls were made but the answer was still NO. So our friend said about the birds flying over the border, they had no permits. The man told him they can't stop the birds going over the border under their own steam so he put the cocky in his cage and put down on the SA border side, drove his car and van over the border then he walked back to the bird cage opened it up bird hopped out and followed him over the border and there was nothing they could do as the bird went over under its own steam. So off he went to his friends place in Perth. Where there is a will there's a way. :lol: :lol: True story.. I missed goodnight last night cuz I went to sleep in the chair :oops: Went to physio today and scored some orchid plants and a hoya :D Really need some days away anyway Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight BernieQ x
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, just get in that bus and go...yes I will incite bad behaviour anytime ;) ;) :lol: :lol: xxxx

Ran around in circles today. Took his nibs to the fancy dentist in Gosford, waited for him in the airconditioned surgery and when we arrived home, I found I had left my book in the waiting room. I rang the surgery and it was still there, but we are now talking about another 2 hour return trip. Luckily, the lass who works there lives nearby. She met us at a local servo, tonight and I am back to reading where I left off. That restored my faith in humans for another day.

The flat as a pancake, plate that I have been working on, has come up very different, but I like it just as it is. So it came upstairs to get a dragon label on it, and put it in the for sale stack. Tomorrow's firing is a mish mash of lots of scraps, so it will be a long, slow firing. Hoping it will be interesting.

sleep tight vegemites xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Night folks enjoy your Wednesday, cheers Robert
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

supersparky wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:43 pm I used to know a guy who's job it was to shoot sparrows and starlings that tried to fly overland. Not sure if they still do that.
Hi. The main person from SA that used to do that was a Gurney from Koonalda station. Married my cousin. She was a pretty good shot as well. He has retired now and not sure if anyone has taken over from him. He said once he was working on the WA side and they had a show/field day down at Esperance and a part of it was a shooting comp. where you could take your own gun a blaze away at some targets. ( before all the gun control ) He and his wife won the comp. and they were a bit pissed off when they found out his job was shooting sparrows. The ABC made a short film on him working along the Nullarbor cliffs quite a few years ago.
Cheers John
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I think I saw that film. In black and white if memory correct. The fellow I knew, now lives in Qld. I wonder if they still have the eradication program in place.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.