Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by Greynomad »

Know what you mean, Dottie.
I gave my large suits & shirts to a local op shop when packing in Melbourne, preparing for our move, after losing lots of weight on the 3 year Big Lap.
Joy soon became involved in volunteering at our local op shop... and we now source lots of stuff there.
Including a suit, 2 shirts & matching ties for me, and a couple of formal outfits for Joy.
We also have a dozen matching wineglasses & some ‘special event’ crockery. 😁
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Sounds like a perfect way to while away the time Dot. Op shops are the best places to find your new summer wardrobe. xxxx

Ray, you can't gop wrong by recycling clothing that other people don't or can't wear any longer. His lordship found a lovely navy silk sports jacket last week. It not only fits him like it was make for him but it cost him $4. So always a winner there.

Had a visit to a Newcastle lapidary show today. we were doing a reccy to decide if it would be worth adding to our circuit. Don't think we will be adding this one,so glad that I didn't ask for a stall.

The heavy winds are back, and the air is full of smoke and filth, but so far no close fires.

good night one and all xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Deb,
Your post reminds me that as a sallow youth I went to a lapidary club exhibition.
Bought a beautiful oval tiger-eye piece in a fairly ratty looking brooch mount.
Prised it out and had it mounted in a custom-made silver signet ring.
Still got it!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

Good day today, went to a car boot sale and got nothing :roll: Went to a sort of junk shop and found Ray some shoe things so happily headed back to bus and did some washing and it dried :D Dunno what tomorrow will bring but heading home Tuesday :( Goodnight everyone x :D goodnight Darryl & Annette x
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, on this side of the country, they are predicting Tuesday will be a day of infernoes, winds and fire storms like we have never seen. Wherever you will be on Tuesday, make it a safe day xxxx

Ray, it is amazing what these crazy people at lapidary shows sell. They appear to know what they are selling, yet the way they set things makes them look so crappy and nasty. I can imagine your ring having a lovely stone. It's a good thing that you could recognise the quality of the stone and ignore the el cheapo home made setting. That's one of the reasons why my stuff sells at these places. Next to some of the club members works, my jewellery looks so professional (which in isn't) .

Stay away from these terrifying fires peoples,
goodnight everyone xxx
Deborah

Mrmac1

Post by Mrmac1 »

Good Morning Dot
Annette & Darryl
Darryl & Annette McPherson
CMCA Member
Paradise Inspiration Lite Delux 11 Suzuki GV Towed
Dot

Post by Dot »

Today was hot and the air con was on cold. Cool wind now :D Ummmm I did it again :oops: strangled the loo :lol: :lol: :lol: George now calls me Kangadot ;) Had a nice chat to the old ram this arvo, good to hear him bleat a bit :lol: So awful to see the carnage those fires are causing. :( Why hasn't the army been called in yet? Bed time now so goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Chuck x :D Keep watch for those fires
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, are you warning us about kangapoo? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Enjoy the break away mate xxxx

Today I fired up a kiln with just one bowl in it. It's slumping over a stainless steel bowl, to give it the nice bowl shape. Then the afternoon brought the smell of fires, so we moved inside and closed up the house. All the earings have been finished, so they either have little plastic bits behind them, if they are posts, or dangly hanging bits if they are meant to hang. Another job that I hope to be able to leave until next winter at least.

Stay safe wherever you are

nighty night one and all xxx
Deborah

Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Dottie,
Why hasn't the army been called in yet?
From my understanding of our Constitution, the Army can only be called in if the Fed/State govt declares a State of Emergency.
NSW has just done that, presumably to facilitate such military assistance.

ps. That could also involve calling in Army Reserve part-timers...
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Greynomad wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:29 pm Dottie,
Why hasn't the army been called in yet?
From my understanding of our Constitution, the Army can only be called in if the Fed/State govt declares a State of Emergency.
NSW has just done that, presumably to facilitate such military assistance.

ps. That could also involve calling in Army Reserve part-timers...
"tanks" here--Correct Ray,
The army helicopters are now on stand-bye for rescue ops.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.