Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Dot

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by Dot »

Thanks for that Ray & Tanks. Typical, wait till the horse has bolted and houses and lives lost before action. :x
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I know Chuck & others have houses in sus places but anyone building in these mountainous, dangerous, tree& bush covered places are asking for trouble.
It must be adding a lot to others insurance costs.
You wouldn't catch me living in these areas!!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

BruceS wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:24 pm I know Chuck & others have houses in sus places but anyone building in these mountainous, dangerous, tree& bush covered places are asking for trouble.
It must be adding a lot to others insurance costs.
You wouldn't catch me living in these areas!!!
This time Chuck's place is ok . We lived next to a pine forest that caught fire, and we got the message to get out, G couldn't get home so me with 1 working arm, a 4 speed floor shift manual, ford XY station wagon I got my 4 Doberman dogs, 1 cat, 1 budgie, in the car and I led my horse along side the car from the window. Very slow trip to the footy grounds that was. Around our house it was clear of trees etc but the forest was the problem. Luckily the wind changed direction and all was ok. The people in the areas like Stirling, Belair etc are fools not to clear their property then they expect to be given hand outs if they get burnt and if they don't have any insurance then I say stiff titty End of fire rant :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

The fires on the mid north coast to nearly the Qld border have been horrendous, even inland Bretti, Emmaville, Glen Innes my nephew & family were evacuated from Karangi west of Coffs Harbour, my niece at Cundletown north of Taree has been surrounded by fires for a couple of days, the Pacific Hwy., was closed again today, it's just been unbelievable & tonight the southerly has hit, not good, it does seem to be getting stronger.
Goodnight one & all.
Shirley & Bruce.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, some people do seem to be tempting the fire gods by choosing to live in amongst forests, but this state seems to be getting hammered by fires where the bushlands are quite a long way from the fires. Forster has had two weeks of uncontrolled fires all around them. They are possibly a lot of retirees who thought they would retire to the coast and live off fishing and surfing. Of course there are plentyof bushlands around Forster, but the houses are in amongst the worst of it this time. The Blue Mountains are up in smoke again, yep some of the people don't learn xxxx

Had a stay in the lair, doing very little kind of day. The air was so thick it was cuttable. So we had an inside day again. I did silly things like sort out the next 2 months worth of medicines and some mending jobs. We just concentrated on being safe and breathing as fresh air as we could find.

Stay safe out there,

goodnight one and all xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

Also time for me to say goodnight everyone x :D and Goodnight SteveW x :D Keep safe those near those fires.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

I remember in the bush on the Mornington Peninsula, local council fined a bloque $52,000 for clearing native bush for 50m around his house.
Come Black Saturday, his was the only house in the street left standing.
He sued said council and got a full refund!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

The cheek / rudeness of people. Since getting the block we have cleared the weeds, trimmed and removed some trees. The ambulance station was having some training today and George had the garage doors open while doing some bits and bobs and the bus was parked as normal. I heard him talking and when he came in the bus he said he heard a woman talking and went to look, right next to the shed was a woman sitting on our path having a smoke yapping on her ph. George said "excuse me but this is private property" she said O got up and walked back to the ambo station still yapping on her ph ??? Then bugger me a bit later the same woman walked right past the bus (on our ground) and met someone with a sprog then they all walked right on back the way she came. Speaking to our neighbour she said they are always parking on the block and she has even told them not to park there because it was sold, they asked by whom and she said "by me" but they still use it as it is theirs even though she contacted the SA Ambo mob. ???? What would you lot do??? Want to get a fence up soon but that is not the point. End of rant so time for bed Get my stitches out tomorrow, I was going to do it but can't twist that well any more. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Jamie aka Jamglor x :D ( he is safe from the fires for now, one is under control and the other is about 5 ks from them) Stay safe everyone x
Toolman

Post by Toolman »

I have been driving a fire truck at the one 5ks away,a very exciting day to say the least!
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, how about one of those "easily moved, tempory electric fences" that they sell to farmers? Knowing your luck, you'd walk backwards into it before disarming it. Forget I suggested that. Hope the knee feels better without stitches. xxxx

It was a scary night with wind gusting in all directions. The house is sturdy and we felt very few of the rattles, but it was not a pleasant night. Woke up today to a lake that looks as smooth as glass and a cool day to follow. The yachts, having their summer twilight races, seemed to be becalmed right on front of our place. Yesterday, the same yachts would not have left their moorings. Amazing how much can happen in 24 hours.

I really need some catch up, ugly sleep now,
nighty night one and all xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life