Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Dot

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by Dot »

Stay inside away from that smoke Deborah. Went to get my stitches out today and he only took half out, said there was a bit that hasn't healed enough so next week they will be gone. This arvo I saw the 2 ginger ninja cats from over the back, haven't seen (the one I like) since before last week but I poked my nose over the fence and saw the Black & White cat then bugger me there was a little kitten looking right at me. George spoke to the woman about her cats pissing over here and looks like one of her cats has had kittens. Then as I was walking away my favourite little one appeared :D Poor babies they need de sexing and some good food, but I think the council will have to be asked to speak to her. Not the cats fault just penile cranium people. Haircuts tomorrow spike and dyke type cuts. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Toolman x :D stay safe.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Sounds like you are going to be chatting with the ranger at council soon Dot. Is there an animal/pet code in your area? Hope that you get some success for the helpless kittens. xxxx

Today started with the kiln getting fired up and followed by me getting fired up. My shed had become a dumping ground for all sorts of stuff...man made, say no more. He did come and help to remove and re-home his piles of junk. That was a bonus. I filled the recycle big with a ton of paper..old craft magazines and gardening books that we haven't opened in years. I found enough shelf space to be able to spread out my tools of trade and feel more productive. I am trying to make a space for a new kiln in the new year. I wont finalise the order until I know there will be room to fire it up. It's now an almost organised shed and I am a happy dragonlady.

goodnight everyone xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

Spike & Dyke hair cuts today :lol: Nothing else much done today. Who knows how to regenerate a silver birch tree? nursery person said lack of water? If we soak it really well do you think it may recover??? If not any suggestions? Off to bed now so goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Pet-els x :D P.S. How do you clean a copper necklace?? (chain)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Dottie,
Silver Birch is a nice wood for woodturners to work with. 😜
Gotta leave it to dry for a coupla years, though.
Know any local woodturners with a chainsaw?

Re the copper necklace: I’m told bicarb is good stuff.
Could be bull$***, though. Never had need to experiment.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, copper chain, clean with old toothbrush and fang paste.Copper chains used to be very difficult because they left a green tide mark on your neck. I think I tried to coat one once with clear nailpolish to prevent the problem. Very fiddly job for not a lot of satisfaction. Good luck with it xxxx

Today we have had fire ashes blowing over us for most of the afternoon. Apparently it's coming from a fire in North Sydney (like an hour and a half away). The wind has just changed to being from the west, so hopefully it will be clearer tomorrow.

Sweet dreams out there xxx
Deborah

Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Greynomad wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:42 pm Deb,
Your post reminds me that as a sallow youth I went to a lapidary club exhibition.
Bought a beautiful oval tiger-eye piece in a fairly ratty looking brooch mount.
Prised it out and had it mounted in a custom-made silver signet ring.
Still got it!
Found it!
Ring 2 copy.jpg
Ring 1.jpeg
I don't normally wear it with my wedding ring, but using the camera in my left hand proved impossible... and it was difficult to focus one-handed, even with auto-focus & macro settings. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

Nice ring you have there Ray. :lol: I lost one of my ear rings yesterday :( If I just wear one which side is the "happy" side? don't want to give the wrong signals.. ;) Being invaded tomorrow :roll: should be fun, pic may explain better tomorrow but for now goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Ros x :D
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, expecting an invasion sounds a bit like "the Indians are coming" . Enjoy getting up to some mischief xxxx

Ray, that os a lovely ring. Obviously you recognised a nice stone when you found it.

Mr Toolman, I missed your post about driving the firetruck. Where were you driving it? Around this town, anyone wearing firie uniform gets treated like royalty. This week, the poor people have been so busy that not much sleep has been happening for them. To anyone who is out there fighting these horrible fires, our thanks go out to you.

We went to visit the man who is making me a new kiln . He is happy with the directions that I have given him and will be building the kiln in the next few months....bugga, I thought he was getting ready to do the build now. He suggests it will be ready by February or March, so the excitement level went down considerably.

Time for some ugly sleep,
nighty night all n sundry xxx
Deborah

Dot

Post by Dot »

The yard dwellers arrived at 0930hrs ;) My little peepers had just cracked open and a faint knock knock was heard. Yep you guessed it, it was the ever loving HTFFBO, so after a lot of catch up natter it was time for the ol gal to have a nanna nap before she went to have a coffee with Pauls daughter. Then it was back to the chit chat and worlds problems all solved :lol: Did some gardening till totally buggered so now time for bed e buys. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Tanks & Mr Major x :D
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, have lots of laughs with Helen. enjoy the time with her xxxx

I had the kiln firing up at 6:30 AM and had a busy day, making Christmas trees. Our rich neighbour called me from her side of the fence, just as I finished putting the last bead on a tree. So I showed it to her and her response was " I gotta have one" . Couldn't argue with that, so I sold it to her on the spot, full price, no discount and she loved it. So did I. As it was for an order, I spent much of the day cutting out another Christmas tree, which is now in the kiln waiting for it to be started tomorrow and the rest of it will get fired up, probably Tuesday.

Had a few dribbles of rain tonight, but not enough to really clear the air. It still smells like a bushfire, even though there is no fire close by.

Sweet dreams out there xxx
Deborah