Cuppa's (& MrsTea's) new blog.

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Cuppa

Re: Cuppa's (& MrsTea's) new blog.

Post by Cuppa »

Have seen a couple of dark clouds pass over & heard thunder rumbling in the distance, but no storms as yet. Had a few drops of rain a few evenings back, but not enough to wet the ground. Have only seen 'proper' rain once since leaving Victoria at the end of June last year, enough to switch the wipers on for about 20 minutes, but that was down in the east Pilbara between Karlamilyi NP & Newman. Gotta rain here soon you'd think, sounds like the east & North Kimberley have been getting some for weeks now. The heatwave map the ABC put out a couple of days ago shows the Kimberley really heating up, but there was an almost imperceptible thin yellow line along the north coast of the Dampier peninsula where we are. Our temps have remained in the mid 30's, whilst night temps have gone up a couple of degrees yesterday & today , to 28. No air con, & don't feel we need it. Would die without fans though! Humidity is up & down. Last couple of weeks have been very comfortable, but the past few days has seen a return of constant body wetness. Out with the baby powder again.

A few fires up on the peninsula, have smelled the smoke a couple of times, but nothing we've needed to worry about. The big fire was south of Broome. Highway has been closed a few times.

MrsTea says she's still looking for THE piece, but reckons she may need glasses with higher magnification.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Saw the ABC weather map starting to get blue sections appear a bit inland from where you are. I think blue is above 50*C, even if it did rain it would reach the ground when it's that hot. We have had it here where you can hear the rain on the tin roof but non appears on the gravel, just boils off before it can get wet.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Cuppa

Post by Cuppa »

After a brief but unexpected hiatus I am back to posting on our blog.

The Wet Season has commenced in style!

http://cuppa500.com/Blog/2019/01/08/first-rain/
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Love the lizard and the chilli crab :lol: Best get everything tied down to anchor points including the vehicles before that cyclone comes through.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Thanks to you both for letting us follow your amazing adventure in the wilderness, great story & photos.
Shirley & Bruce.
Helen Grose

Post by Helen Grose »

What a wonderfull jouney thank you for sharing
HTFFBO [emoji3][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk

Cuppa

Post by Cuppa »

Helen Grose wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:40 am
HTFFBO
That is the second time I've read that today ;) ..... what does it mean?

And are you the same Helen who emailed me? :)
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I'll come to the rescue Cuppa ...
HTFFBO = Helen the fat fingered boring one ............
I gotta admit I'm not a lover of these short cuts either.
(Especially the ATO one ........... !!)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Helen Grose

Post by Helen Grose »

Thanks Bruce It was our friend Dot who Christened me HTFFBO and it has stuck Yes I did send the email at the end of your Blog I felt so happy and good after I read it it was my way of thank you
Helen [emoji3]

Cuppa

Post by Cuppa »

Helen Grose wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:29 pm Thanks Bruce It was our friend Dot who Christened me HTFFBO and it has stuck Yes I did send the email at the end of your Blog I felt so happy and good after I read it it was my way of thank you
Helen [emoji3]

So pleased & thank you for letting me know. A bit of feedback, especially nice feedback like yours, helps to keep up motivation for the next post.