Thought for Today

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Thought for Today

Post by T1 Terry »

BruceS wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:36 am The biggest problem with our political system as I see it is that as soon as an election is over it becomes standard procedure for all media & the opposition to immediately begin trying to stop the elected party from doing anything, good or bad, and to try to 'bring them down' ASAP.
It should be in the constitution that the opposition should support the elected party provide the best governance possible until at least 3 months before the next election.
My preference would be for no party politics at all.
Maybe we're not supposed to discuss it on here!! (smack & apology)
The catch there is who is the major beneficiary when "best governance" by particular party is in power? Without an opposition and cross benchers, none of the smaller groups with limited representation would get anything.
Politics is just a pretty word for under the table deals that get written into legalese documents by highly over paid barter merchants. They are basically employed by the group that pay the most money into the election fund and can offer the best after elected term job package for the individual they need to legalise what they want.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Ohh Terry, surely you aren't suggesting that some of the elected members of our multiple needless levels of govt. aren't acting in the best interests of the populace. :roll: :roll: Nahh. I'm sure they have everyone's best interests at heart. What would we ever do without politicians.
Don't anyone answer that question as there is no need to start an unnecessary political argument here. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

David......I'm not answering any question,just read my signature...........Peter.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

2foot6 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:43 pm David......I'm not answering any question,just read my signature...........Peter.
Correct :lol: :lol: :D
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

Just found out today what a bunch of budgerigars is called..
I had never heard it before, but maybe you have?
Any takers?
Bernie B
I plan to stop procrastinating tomorrow.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Murder? or is that crows?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

A flock?
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Flock or chatter?

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

A parliament? That would be a cruel thing to compare innocent chattering birds to the not innocent in anyway chattering politicians gathered as a group.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

Nope, well I guess you could call them a flock, but the correct term is a Murmuration.
However this is only for when they are in very large groups flying together.
Interesting page here.
https://www.thespruce.com/flock-names-o ... rds-386827

Cheers,
Bernie B
I plan to stop procrastinating tomorrow.