Thought for Today

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
native pepper

Re: Thought for Today

Post by native pepper »

Greynomad wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:03 pm Pertinent to the above:
If love is blind, why is make-up so popular?
Make up is popular because love is blind and you never see the real women behind it, just the oily facade. Have known women who wear it to bed and never let their males see them without it. I won't have anything to do with women that wear it, smells and it's like kissing an old oil well.

Thought for the day, which I use every day, was told to me by an old bloke in my mid 20's when struggling with a terminal illness. He told me to never look back at the past, or you will never see the real future ahead and have no control over your destiny.

Have tried to live that way ever since, still not sure if it works, but it sure makes for an exciting outlook on the future and I'm still here. Against the predictions of the medical profession, family, friends and acquaintances.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

"Yesterday is a memory, tomorrow has not yet come, today is a gift, that is why it is called the present" :Kunfu Panda :lol: Still think "Kenny" came up with some of the best though 8-)
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

It's been to hot :lol: :lol:
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Recent news report said astronomers have observed the collision of two black holes.
Would the result be:
A. a black hole twice as big, cos they add to each other; or
B. half as big, cos they eat into one another... or
C. do the black holes consume each other completely and disappear? :? 8-)
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

I don't know....I'm in the dark...😁
Bernie .
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

A Black Hole with twice the intensity and therefore would trap light in the gravitational field for a bigger area and drag more things into the well growing bigger all the time.

Is the centre of each galaxy a black hole that is pulling all within its range toward the centre and that is how the galaxy was formed?
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

I think there is a black hole in the middle of my workshop and that is where all my tools go.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Too many friends calling in John?
They always seem to hide after friends call in, don't they?? lol
:) :lol: 8-)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Riverlander wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:21 pm I think there is a black hole in the middle of my workshop and that is where all my tools go.
There are two different explanations for the vanishing item you just used a minute ago or a few days ago.
One explanation is the different universe gateway. Things fall through this gateway and are never seen again, the is one in every washing machine that one sock can fall through ...... But think of the poor bugger in the other universe, he has socks turn up that he knows nothing about ever owning or seeing before and mystery items appear on his bench while he is trying to put something back together, just where did this bit fit? His tool box continually over flows and he has boxes every where with strange items in them that fill his cleared work space the moment he tries to use it.

The other explanation is the time scene train. All time is built by the time people and the job is over seen by the time watcher. Every item is one of a multiple and as that scene passes the time people have to quickly assemble the next scene with the parts that should be still there before that scene rolls on through. Any thing that shouldn't reappear in the next scene remains in that frame and is placed in storage.
Now, every so often a piece gets left behind that should have been in the next scene. The time watchers recognises that "lost" look when you can't find something that was just there a second ago. He sends the time people off to collect the missing item but he can not put it back in the scene because you will see it suddenly appear. He has to wait until you wander off and look some where else, then he can slip it in either exactly where it should have been or under something. When you return the item is suddenly there again or it magically appears under the newspaper that you had looked under half a dozen times before.
Unfortunately, sometimes the item has gone into the archives and can not be quickly retrieved, these items are placed in a mystery box that you will find ages after you gave up looking and have you scratching your head as to how it got there.

Does this help to explain things that have happened to you? :lol:

T1 Terry
homeless

Post by homeless »

You forgot the last bit Terry.
"and then I call Margaret and she finds it where I left it, usually at the last task or where I went for your coffee that I lost earlier."
LOL
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status