Tank Repairs’s

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Mrcoolabah1au

Tank Repairs’s

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Ok slight problem how to fix
FDF50BD2-0F63-476C-964E-D9D05FB19A4D.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
RobertNotBob

Re: Tank Repairs’s

Post by RobertNotBob »

If it is plastic forget it otherwise it can be welded up but could be not worth the cost. First thing is find the end of the cracks and drill a small hole to stop the crack going any further.

Could also try and find another tank to cut a strip out of to cover the crack, a good sealant and bolt the strip on using large washers to spread the load. Good luck with it if it is not worth fixing cut it down and make some raised garden beds out of it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

How thick is the plastic? If it is one of the cheap Chinese tanks, it is now a raised flower/vegie garden in the making because the plastic is recycled garbage and way too thin to do the job required. Even if you could fix that crack another one is beginning some where else. The plastic goes brittle due to UV exposure and the next time it tries to swell/move, it fractures.
I remember this being the final nail in the coffin for an impoter called FX Larkin in Unanderra NSW. They killed the locally produced tank market by flooding it with these rubbish tanks. When they failed Rob got phone call after phone call asking if he could weld them up again. Absolutely no chance, lots of tanks cut in half appeared at FX Larkin over the next few mths until they shut shop leaving a destroyed tank market behind them. Rob had seen it coming but after loosing so much money and having to shut down his business he had no interest in starting up again only to have the same thing happen again.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

:evil:
Don't blame him!
:evil: :evil:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Just measured the size of the thickness on my tape it said 10 mm [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

MrC,

Please don't be offended, you're not the first person to make the mistake, and you certainly won't be the last.

I hope you were just trying the 'belt & braces' approach, rather than trying for the "Apostrophe Olympics"...
The plural of "repair" is "repairs". The ...'s... is not necessary.

As a retired Journo/Subeditor it was my job to spot and correct such errors made by junior (and some quite senior) journalists.
And as I have observed before on this and The Other forum,
"Subeditors never retire. They just stop being paid."
:P

You may now resume the original conversation... ;)
Last edited by Greynomad on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

🤡🤡🤡

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Try to track down Rob De Rooy (can't remember his sign on here but he is on the private forum) He was the one that originally made these tanks in Unanderra, he would know what to look for as to repairable or not
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Peter

Post by Peter »

Looking at the photo I think the tank is probably fill at the local tip. However there is a product called Eterna bond tape that may provide some extended life to the tank. Many years back it was unavailable in Australia so I imported some from NZ to fix leaks on our old winni. It worked very well. Once you put it on you cannot removed it. It is now available in Australia I have seen it advertised in the CMCA wanderer.
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Thank terry rob is on Facebook so will contact him and get an answer 😇
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini