New Battery Pack

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Riverlander

New Battery Pack

Post by Riverlander »

This could be a cheap battery pack. The weight may be a problem. Also so other inverters listed.
Cheers John www.farmclearingsales.com.au/clearing-sales/?sid=1609
Coolabah1au

Re: New Battery Pack

Post by Coolabah1au »

Wow yes ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Guess you'd have to ring them up for more info?
Are they new?
Friend at Morgan has similar & you need to watch the water/acid level VERY regularly.
Be good on a houseboat but I'd need to reconstruct the cabinet so I could 'water' them.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

The description doesn't actually make sense. The part number break down says they are 2v lead acid 420Ah cells, so where does the 490Ah come from?
If they were as new you could build a 420Ah 48v battery, 840Ah 24v battery or 1680Ah 12v battery. When you look at the useable capacity the headline numbers are misleading, even at 12v they don't offer much more capacity than Vic has in his Avida now and certainly could not run things like the air con or hot water and other things that draw high current for nearly as long. The 24v pack we installed in the off grid house at Rocky Point was 1200Ah @ 24v all useable, 3 times the capacity of that battery pack.
Basically, a technology from last century that simply no longer makes the grade compared to what is on the market now.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Wow that sounds like [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

even at 12v they don't offer much more capacity than Vic has in his Avida now and certainly could not run things like the air con or hot water and other things that draw high current for nearly as long.

Da daaa ... :D :D :D :) ;) 8-)

Vik... 8-) 8-) 8-) :twisted:
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)