Compliance

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
GoinBush

Compliance

Post by GoinBush »

Sorry Bwuce, I didn’t know where else to put this :?

Can someone please explain, very simply, about ‘compliance certificates’?

* Is it an actual paper certificate or info on a metal plate attached to the bus?

* Who do you need one from? Plumber/gas? Electrician?

* If you buy a bus without :o it/them, can other tradesmen inspect and issue one (if it complies of course) ?

Or, do you make the seller go back to trades and get them?

Any other info, please and thank you very much.
BernieQ2

Re: Compliance

Post by BernieQ2 »

In Queensland when you sell a motorhome you need to renew the gas certificate , if it has modification/s there will be a "mod" plate fixed to the motorhome , that remains with the motorhome forever . It's illegal to sell a motorhome without these if it's still registered .
Other states no doubt will have other requirements.
Bernie .
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

To get a gas compliance can be a very expensive nightmare. Our next door neighbours back in Lake Illawarra decided to buy a personal import English manufactured caravan. Personal imports get around the certification thing through some loop hole but the next owner gets caught in the noose. It was more than the van cost to get a gas compliance, no one would give it an electrical compliance without the outer skin being removed to inspect the wiring and the RMS required the axles and the whole braking system to be upgraded to suit the weight class of the van. Basically a very expensive granny flat that was never going to see Aust roads again.
About the easiest way to get around the gas compliance if the gas plumber gives it a very expensive thumbs down is to eliminate the gas all together and go full electric via solar/inverter/battery power.
There is a loophole that gets you around the electrical certification if you can't get that one without serious expense or vehicle destructive investigation, remove the external plug in power connection. Once it is totally off grid and only owner use and not for hire, it slips under the electrical authorities grasp, much to their frustration :lol:
If it is vehicle structural modifications and they are extreme and there has been no engineer involved along the way checking and guiding as the build progressed, forget it unless you know a friendly engineer who will stick their neck out to certify the modifications.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

I knew you would have a big, long anecdote Terry!! :lol:

Ok, bus is unregistered, in NSW, owner says he has ‘receipts’. I will attempt to ask him if it has a plate or any certificates.

We ‘do’ know a friendly plumber ;) and proddly a sparky too.....do they need to be ‘domestic’ sparkies?

Terry, prehaps I could get you to talk to the man on our behalf?? I really want this bus, it’s perfect for us but do not want too many ($$) hassles.
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

BernieQ wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:02 pm In Queensland when you sell a motorhome you need to renew the gas certificate , if it has modification/s there will be a "mod" plate fixed to the motorhome , that remains with the motorhome forever . It's illegal to sell a motorhome without these if it's still registered .
Other states no doubt will have other requirements.
Bernie .
Thanks very much Bernie.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

GoinBush wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:27 pm I knew you would have a big, long anecdote Terry!! :lol:

Ok, bus is unregistered, in NSW, owner says he has ‘receipts’. I will attempt to ask him if it has a plate or any certificates.

We ‘do’ know a friendly plumber ;) and proddly a sparky too.....do they need to be ‘domestic’ sparkies?

Terry, prehaps I could get you to talk to the man on our behalf?? I really want this bus, it’s perfect for us but do not want too many ($$) hassles.
Drop me a pm or email with the details and I'll have a look for you and see what can be done.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Excellent, thanks! You rock :mrgreen:
Busman

Post by Busman »

When an AMO (Authorised Modification Officer in Qld) issues you with a blue mod plate which must be attached and stay on the vehicle, he also issues a paper certificate (green) that you MUST also have, the blue plate by itself means SFA without it, but not everyone, including the jokers doing Qld Tranny inspections on their pits, knows that. Having said that 95% of the time you will get away with it, if it is mod plated.

I would very closely question receipts ! If there has been structural change and no engineer involved, run like hell or offer $10. You will need the rest of the purchase price trying to get it certified. Even seating changes requires mod plates. so be careful !
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

GoinBush wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:49 pm Excellent, thanks! You rock :mrgreen:
but then I fall over and the last time cost me a TV :oops:
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Busman wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:51 pm When an AMO (Authorised Modification Officer in Qld) issues you with a blue mod plate which must be attached and stay on the vehicle, he also issues a paper certificate (green) that you MUST also have, the blue plate by itself means SFA without it, but not everyone, including the jokers doing Qld Tranny inspections on their pits, knows that. Having said that 95% of the time you will get away with it, if it is mod plated.

I would very closely question receipts ! If there has been structural change and no engineer involved, run like hell or offer $10. You will need the rest of the purchase price trying to get it certified. Even seating changes requires mod plates. so be careful !

All duly noted, thanks.