Licences

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Shirley

Re: Licences

Post by Shirley »

Fifteen or so years ago when I sat for my LR licence there was no need to display L signs when driving with a licenced heavy driver in the passenger seat in NSW but as Craig posted could of changed & I could of driven forever without upgrading as long as Bruce was in the passenger seat.
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

When we bought Girt from Coffs Harbour (8 tonnes: MR required), I checked with both NSW & Vic Road Authorities.
I had Std car licence at the time. OK to drive with an appropriately licenced driver alongside and "Driver Under Instruction" displayed at rear. (Note: not needed in front.)
So after eyeballing Girt and forking over electronic cash, I had to wait for SWMBO to fly up from Melbourne so we could drive her (that's Girt) home.
Never been pulled up for a random licence check in 10 years. Only blow-in-the-bags, and waved in at Heavy Vehicle Checkpoints.
... and THERE's a story:
In NSW it's compulsory for us to pull in at these checkpoints if they're manned.
If I'M driving, 99% of the time I'm waved through without stopping.
If SWMBO is driving, they stop us, ask for her licence and take it indoors for a computer check. EVERY TIME!
The irony is that she has had an HR licence since she was 25 and teaching at a school which had its own 44-passenger coach.
I obtained my MR only 10 years ago, specifically to drive Girt.

No sexism in the Fuzz, is there? :roll:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Wow what the heck [emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slug

Post by slug »

I'm going to put a folding "driver under instruction" on the back of the bus, you never know if for some silly reason you can't drive it due to injury etc
Got one in the shed had it for years came in handy teaching teachers how not to take the side out of the new school bus, when they thought getting a licence to drive it would be easy to do as "I've driven the Toyota 11 seater"
Amazing how many didn't bother to go for the licence after a trip through Melbourne driving :lol:
The old, don't know how you do it. Was a common statement
Some of our best were women drivers. :D
James & Maureen
1986 M A N 16-280, Turbo, 5 Speed manual, Air Suspension, 12.2m under conversion