Licences

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
GoinBush

Licences

Post by GoinBush »

Next question :D

I saw somewhere that you can drive a bus heavier than your licence endorsemet if your passenger has the appropriate licence. Like ‘driver under instruction’...
How long could you get away with that for? In that you are meant to then go and sit for your heavier licence but we never would. :evil:
Dot

Re: Licences

Post by Dot »

GoinBush wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:09 pm Next question :D

I saw somewhere that you can drive a bus heavier than your licence endorsemet if your passenger has the appropriate licence. Like ‘driver under instruction’...
How long could you get away with that for? In that you are meant to then go and sit for your heavier licence but we never would. :evil:
We were told by the Dept of Transport that as long as there was the correct licence is held by the passenger (must be next to the driver) L plates displayed front and back then all is good. No time limit was mentioned at all so "go for it"
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Woohoo!!

Out of interest, how many of you bus and motorhome drivers have ever been pulled over for a random check?
Dot

Post by Dot »

Only for the blow in the bag test. (I passed)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

In SA now you get a 'number' which most times is your driver's license number.
It is then linked to every vehicle you have registered in your name.
They don't need to pull you up.
These new camera number plate recognition things scream at the policeman as soon as it detects you.
By the time you blow in the bag they know everything about you including if you had sex last night. (& who with!)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

homeless

Post by homeless »

Gee I will be safe on the sex angle anyway. If they do find something I will demand a replay LOL. No vehicle so I am safe on the license as well, as long as I retain the boat license.
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

BruceS wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:22 pm In SA now you get a 'number' which most times is your driver's license number.
It is then linked to every vehicle you have registered in your name.
They don't need to pull you up.
These new camera number plate recognition things scream at the policeman as soon as it detects you.
By the time you blow in the bag they know everything about you including if you had sex last night. (& who with!)
WHAT...??? Without even checkin your pubic dental floss...???

Vik... :o :o :o bloody teckos...!!!
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Craig

Post by Craig »

Not all states allow the same driver under instruction laws. You never had to put an "L" plate on for a QLD heavy vehicle when licensed driver was in passenger seat. And could only operate like that when within the state. Things may have changed so it may be worth while contacting your state authority for clarification. But getting the license is easy enough and if you are confident to drive with a licensed instructor present then why not simply get a license.

I have been stopped for random breathalysers and pulled into inspection areas as directed on a number of occasions for license checks and also to weigh vehicle and trailer.

Craig
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Oh, I should have splained proper-like.
I have HR (but never driven a HR. 😂 )
He had roadtrain but gave it up when he turned 70 because couldn’t be fagged with medicals etc.
So, he now has LR and can drive 7 or 7,500 tons....we think, in SA. (Why aren’t all the laws federal for gawd’s sake!?!)
I thought he could drive (perfectly capable obviously) and I sit beside ✔️
He would never sit for and upgrade his licence again I shouldn’t think.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I got nabbed by the local copper because my rego didn't have an SA licence attached, so he wanted to check my licence. It is still a NSW federal heavy vehicle licence so he just took down the number and that was that, never been pulled over since and every Police car I pass now doesn't do a double take and think about chasing me :lol: They still extract money from me though with the "Flash for cash" unis up the highway, the last one was nearly $500, that electric Prius tends to get away if you not watching it :oops:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO