Apricots and deer

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
supersparky

Re: Apricots and deer

Post by supersparky »

T1 Terry wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:19 pm ...................
Why not herd them up and take them for slaughter? The ones down around the Illawarra were good eating and required no farming at all, selective culling to restock the freezer seems a sensible solution to sorting out the rabbit, kangaroo and deer problems.
Ten years or so ago everyone used to go goat or pig shooting and it wasn't a big deal. Now the goats are worth money so they are off the hit list. They just round 'em up and truck them off, someone cleans 'em up and slaughters 'em and the farmers have a renewable resource that they can make a dollar from and their ferals are now considered 'stock'. Win Win I reckon. Not sure that the same would be legal with long pork.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Long pig seems to breed ok but they take a lot of time, care and attention to get them up to harvesting stage. Another issue is they tend to kill each other if the herd gets too big and/or you introduce a slightly different breed into the mix. Fencing is a real issue as well, they seem to be able to escape from anywhere.
Maybe if a holding yard and slaughter house was set up and leaked to social media it would curb the flood of boat people wanting to come here and ease the over crowding in the prison system, a death sentence that paid for itself? :lol: Maybe if Trump gave up on his wall and turned it into a funnelling type design that lead them into the processing area and on to the slaughter house chain conveyer he would solve the problem at the Mexican boarder? :?
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

T1, Have you been watching 'Soylent Green' again? :roll: :roll: :lol: Nah, that can't be the one, that was how they got rid of the old or the sick.
Saw a good doco on feral pig reduction recently, but not too much about deer. They are too cute, until you hit one in your car.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Likewise Kangaroos...
🙄
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:37 am T1, Have you been watching 'Soylent Green' again? :roll: :roll: :lol: Nah, that can't be the one, that was how they got rid of the old or the sick.
Saw a good doco on feral pig reduction recently, but not too much about deer. They are too cute, until you hit one in your car.
Soylent Green also had crowd control scooper trucks that looked like a front end loader bucket on a tip truck body. They would drive into the crowds, fill the bucket and dump them in the tipper body. When the detective, Thorn I think his name was in the film, follows "Book" to the Soylent green manufacturing plant he sees all the scooper trucks emptying their load into chute at the back of the facility.
It isn't just the old and the sick they were processing, it was also problem people in the crowds.
I doubt Trump would get away with scooper trucks, that idea has already been used, but the only way through the fence was the entry to the long pig processing plant ....... :twisted:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO