Happy Straya Day!

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Toolman

Re: Happy Straya Day!

Post by Toolman »

WA is in the largest time zone in the World :D :D
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

T1 Terry wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:42 pm
supersparky wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:45 pm Ray's post shows 11.40pm on my 'puter too. I have noticed many times over the years where a post has a different time stamp to where I am. That is the big issue with clock fiddling. I am on AEST and Ray is on AEDT so I would expect it to be different. It isn't a problem worth trying to fix. Not sure why Bob sees a different time though. Must be an internet thing.
South Australia is 30 mins and about 5 yrs behind EDST, makes life "interesting" trying to figure out just what time it is for the person on the other end of an email or phone call because NT is the same 30 mins behind the eastern states but doesn't have daylight saving, then WA seem to run on time all their own :lol:
Up in here beautiful downtown SE Qld, some folk are still 10 years behind the times. But the sun still comes up every day, so ,who cares? :roll: :roll:
Did I mention that not having daylight saving really pistols me off? :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Time means nothing when you are retired :lol: :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Dot wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:59 pm Time means nothing when you are retired :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm beginning to notice that! :roll: :roll:
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Dot wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:17 pm
norman wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:57 pm Think it went off topic pretty early did it not... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Certainly did but that is the joy of this place. :lol: :lol:
Dottie,
Don't let Bruce see this post... he'll summarily move or delete it... :? :shock: :D :lol:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Well.. I surrender & couldn't care less!!! ;) :lol:
I'll forward all the emails to you in future .................
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Toolman wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:22 pm WA is in the largest time zone in the World :D :D
Ahh .... well ...... that explains it then, with such a big area to get organized no wonder it seems to take forever to get things sorted :lol:
But what is NT's excuse? NT: Not Today, Not Tomorrow, Not Tuesday and Not Thursday, at least WA is only Wait Awhile ;)
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Not sure about the date of Australia day, we didn't become Australia until the date of federation, until then we were just a bunch of separate colonies. But, I'm all for celebrating our country and getting sick of the small number of morons on both sides, who want to disrupt celebrations and cause problems.

A referendum on the date would solve it, problem is the pollies want to decide everything to their advantage, which means they stuff it always.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Yeah, move Christmas till July when it's cold, New Yrs can be June 30th because that is the end of the financial yr, then we can have Australia Day Jan 1 when Australia became a nation with the same laws throughout ........ Wait a minute, that still hasn't happened eh .... buggerit, just leave it how it is ;) :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Last I heard on Channel 2 (so it must be true) it's all John Howard's fault. He is getting the blame for trying to increase the importance of Australia Day. Like NP says, all these protesters are wearing a bit thin. If it isn't this, it's that, that they whinge and whine about.
Flock 'em all I reckon.
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine