Dee’s big trip

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
GregnDee

Dee’s big trip

Post by GregnDee »

Hi all
I’m off.....solo....from BOWEN to Inglewood....(in Inglewood now), picking up a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lerado for me....then Strathalbyn, then Melbourne ( a friends 60th and some catchups), then Sydney, ( spend time with son), then Gold Coast, ( spend time with a dying friend), then home to Bowen.
This week, I can’t believe it’s Thursday already! It’s been great to spend time with my mate, Aynie, all five dogs get on really well, so tonight Greg is leaving with the purple Cherokee on the car trailer, (yes, ...purple🤪), and first thing tomorrow I’m on the way to Adelaide....( the deal was if we bought the Lerado we had to take the other two).
The car now has rear reversing camera, dashcam, uhf, gps, installed. Greg’s checked the whole thing over as it’s just been sitting for 18 months. A few little tweaks needed when I get back to Bowen, but it’s comfortable....easy to drive. And if necessary there’s room for me to lay in the back and sleep.
Will keep you posted as my journey unfolds.
Provided I havE WIFI.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Dee’s big trip

Post by T1 Terry »

GregnDee wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:30 pm Hi all
I’m off.....solo....from BOWEN to Inglewood....(in Inglewood now), picking up a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lerado for me....then Strathalbyn, then Melbourne ( a friends 60th and some catchups), then Sydney, ( spend time with son), then Gold Coast, ( spend time with a dying friend), then home to Bowen.
This week, I can’t believe it’s Thursday already! It’s been great to spend time with my mate, Aynie, all five dogs get on really well, so tonight Greg is leaving with the purple Cherokee on the car trailer, (yes, ...purple🤪), and first thing tomorrow I’m on the way to Adelaide....( the deal was if we bought the Lerado we had to take the other two).
The car now has rear reversing camera, dashcam, uhf, gps, installed. Greg’s checked the whole thing over as it’s just been sitting for 18 months. A few little tweaks needed when I get back to Bowen, but it’s comfortable....easy to drive. And if necessary there’s room for me to lay in the back and sleep.
Will keep you posted as my journey unfolds.
Provided I havE WIFI.
While you wait for a recovery vehicle? It is a Jeep after all :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Naughty, naughty, T1! :twisted:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Yes but he is being truthal.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Never mind Dee, you have another "Jeep" owner on here :lol: For the forum ones around on Sunday 31st March you are invited to a little get together for afternoon tea at Strath to catch up with others and of course to meet Dee. Just bring your chair and your special coffee. :D
Dee take it easy and have a safe uneventful trip. :lol: :D ;)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

RobertNotBob wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:22 pm Yes but he is being truthal.
Is that telling the truth even if it's brutal?
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
GregnDee

Post by GregnDee »

Hey you lot! This OLD Jeep seems to be doing ok!

Left Inglewood at 8:30 am, easy drive to start, but once over the border, loads of road works....so huge delays, ( but I’m not rushing). Listening in to the truckies, they were complaining about how bad the road was (Newell) and one said you’d think you were in queensland😳
Anyway, I was hoping to get to Dubbo, but then a HUMUNGOUS storm made me decide to find a bolt hole....so the idea of sleeping in the car went by the wayside....I pulled into a motel....in Coonabarabran. I had visions of being pelted by golf ball sized hail stones! So only just over 400 kms....glad I stopped though....the sky is BLACK!
Cruise control stopped working, too...but apart from a few judders, the car is behaving well.
My mate Aynie told me she left Inglewood at 10 am one day, on her way to Melbourne, and arrived in Dubbo at 3 pm. She must have been flying.....

Dot.....looking forward to catching up!
T1 ....please don’t JINX me!
Dot

Post by Dot »

Don't worry about the car Dee I think they meant you (the old Jeep) :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

GregnDee wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:05 pm Hey you lot! This OLD Jeep seems to be doing ok!

Left Inglewood at 8:30 am, easy drive to start, but once over the border, loads of road works....so huge delays, ( but I’m not rushing). Listening in to the truckies, they were complaining about how bad the road was (Newell) and one said you’d think you were in queensland😳
Anyway, I was hoping to get to Dubbo, but then a HUMUNGOUS storm made me decide to find a bolt hole....so the idea of sleeping in the car went by the wayside....I pulled into a motel....in Coonabarabran. I had visions of being pelted by golf ball sized hail stones! So only just over 400 kms....glad I stopped though....the sky is BLACK!
Cruise control stopped working, too...but apart from a few judders, the car is behaving well.
My mate Aynie told me she left Inglewood at 10 am one day, on her way to Melbourne, and arrived in Dubbo at 3 pm. She must have been flying.....

Dot.....looking forward to catching up!
T1 ....please don’t JINX me!
:shock: you bought a Jeep and you think I'll jinx you sort of using last weeks Lotto numbers and expcting a win ;)
Dot

Post by Dot »

Wait for it, wait for it. :lol: :lol: :lol: All I shall say is Terry you are in deep ship creek. :lol: