Dee’s big trip

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
GregnDee

Re: Dee’s big trip

Post by GregnDee »

Hmmm Terry....then this will please you!

Today’s adventures

....prior to which, yesterday I had to escape from a mega storm, then this morning I stopped for fuel, and the car wouldn’t start again. Got on the phone to G, ...didn’t help that it was a stinking hot day....he talked me through opening the bonnet ( have to use pliyers as he broke the bonnet pull handle off), then opening the bonnet was not easy for my poor weak fingers....after that he said to check the contacts for the battery....they were loose which they shouldn’t have been, so I tried to hand tighten them, and the car started, at which time a nice man came and looked, said the contact thingos were cracked, which they were....the servo attendant, young guy with huge hoops in his earlobes, came out, he then did a jerryfix, Greg then phoned ahead to Dubbo and fortunately found a mechanic still open (Saturday.... country)...so I then got new terminal things and the guy fitted it all....
So by that time I thought, buggrit. So I went to look at the open cut gold mine at peak Hill, and then the Dish at Parkes.......gave up on eating up the miles!

So, Terry.....eat your heart out...I’m still on the road!

Got to Forbes....nowhere good to stay....so I’m in a grotty motel... checked the sheets for bugs or for previous occupants...having read that some motels don’t change the sheets between customers....put some whisky in a cup,
Dot

Post by Dot »

Check for bed bugs and cover the pillow with a towel scary those motels etc after watching those tv shows like Gordon Ramsays hotel horrors :) Think the car would be healthier xx Safe travels
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
VicA

Post by VicA »

Some support for Dee
DSCF1234 (1136 x 852) (Small).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dot

Post by Dot »

My dad had a willeys jeep s/wagon and he loved doing donuts in the mud. :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
GregnDee

Post by GregnDee »

Agghhhh....the road from West Wyalong through to Balranald! The road my way (west) was empty....long, flat, boring, just brush, ...the hilight of my trip ...over 300 kms of that road....was seeing a convoy of trucks heading east, with cattle feed on board. Lots of gusts of wind, too...at one point it felt like I was driving backwards🥴
I should make it to Strath tomorrow!

As for the motel last night! It was ok after I’d had a couple of whiskies.....and I don’t drink!

I’m now in a beaut little CP in Balranald....just on the Murrumbidgee......at last I’ve found just the right spot for me! If I could work out how to upload photos via my iPad I’d show you...
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

GregnDee wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:48 pm Hmmm Terry....then this will please you!

Today’s adventures

....prior to which, yesterday I had to escape from a mega storm, then this morning I stopped for fuel, and the car wouldn’t start again. Got on the phone to G, ...didn’t help that it was a stinking hot day....he talked me through opening the bonnet ( have to use pliyers as he broke the bonnet pull handle off), then opening the bonnet was not easy for my poor weak fingers....after that he said to check the contacts for the battery....they were loose which they shouldn’t have been, so I tried to hand tighten them, and the car started, at which time a nice man came and looked, said the contact thingos were cracked, which they were....the servo attendant, young guy with huge hoops in his earlobes, came out, he then did a jerryfix, Greg then phoned ahead to Dubbo and fortunately found a mechanic still open (Saturday.... country)...so I then got new terminal things and the guy fitted it all....
So by that time I thought, buggrit. So I went to look at the open cut gold mine at peak Hill, and then the Dish at Parkes.......gave up on eating up the miles!

So, Terry.....eat your heart out...I’m still on the road!

Got to Forbes....nowhere good to stay....so I’m in a grotty motel... checked the sheets for bugs or for previous occupants...having read that some motels don’t change the sheets between customers....put some whisky in a cup,
:lol: A bit like a VW Kombi, they don't break-down, they just fail to proceed :lol: A bit more cocky's delight (twisted fencing wire type repair) and away you go until the next bit decides to through a hissy fit, then the cycle repeats. Much like driving an old Kombi, unless you know how to fix it yourself, you are at the beasts mercy.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
GregnDee

Post by GregnDee »

Na nana na naaaaa
I’m at Dot and George’s now!

And I do have a handy mechanic I can phone and whinge at if things go wrong....plus RACV. And I sacrifice and pray to the god of motor cars....it has cost me around $300 in sacrificial offerings to get here....
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Well done may come down Sunday around lunch cheers
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

GregnDee wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:13 am Na nana na naaaaa
I’m at Dot and George’s now!

And I do have a handy mechanic I can phone and whinge at if things go wrong....plus RACV. And I sacrifice and pray to the god of motor cars....it has cost me around $300 in sacrificial offerings to get here....
:o How many Jeeps did you have to burn at the alter?
Hope to see you on Sunday, work and the work gods being willing of course, the Prius gods have already had a blood sacrifice along with a few good electric shocks so they should content for a while :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

RobertNotBob wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:37 am Well done may come down Sunday around lunch cheers
Make it around 2pm (afternoon tea) Might pay to bring a chair as well.