Dee’s big trip

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
GregnDee

Re: Dee’s big trip

Post by GregnDee »

What I found out on the epic first leg of my solo trip:
My eyes get tired after 2 hours driving
My stamina isn’t what it used to be
I need to stop more often, for a walk, a stretch , and a pee.
Driving at 100 km an hour somehow doesn’t mean I manage 400 kms in four hours. Go figure!
Four hours is my tolerance level in any one day. Two would be better.
Cruise control is wonderful.
There are some really nice, Good Samaritans on the road! Two helped temporarily fix my cracked battery terminal, one helped me close the bonnet, another whole company stayed open after midday on a Saturday to properly fix the terminal. (This was in searing heat). Another couple told me where the best coffee shop in West Wyalong was🥰🥰
Finding a bed, decent motel, at 4 pm is leaving it too late.
Motels are expensive....and not always clean.
I miss my caravan.
It’s COLD in and around Adelaide this time of year!
(Last night was the first night for years that I was snuggling in a doona).
It’s great to be with friends , have a laugh and catch up. Nothing beats being able to get back into friend mode, as if it was only yesterday that we saw each other instead of over a year.
Oh and I miss my pooches....and G of course!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

GregnDee wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:26 pm What I found out on the epic first leg of my solo trip:
My eyes get tired after 2 hours driving
My stamina isn’t what it used to be
I need to stop more often, for a walk, a stretch , and a pee.
Driving at 100 km an hour somehow doesn’t mean I manage 400 kms in four hours. Go figure!
Four hours is my tolerance level in any one day. Two would be better.
Cruise control is wonderful.
There are some really nice, Good Samaritans on the road! Two helped temporarily fix my cracked battery terminal, one helped me close the bonnet, another whole company stayed open after midday on a Saturday to properly fix the terminal. (This was in searing heat). Another couple told me where the best coffee shop in West Wyalong was🥰🥰
Finding a bed, decent motel, at 4 pm is leaving it too late.
Motels are expensive....and not always clean.
I miss my caravan.
It’s COLD in and around Adelaide this time of year!
(Last night was the first night for years that I was snuggling in a doona).
It’s great to be with friends , have a laugh and catch up. Nothing beats being able to get back into friend mode, as if it was only yesterday that we saw each other instead of over a year.
Oh and I miss my pooches....and G of course!
Your cruise control is broken :lol: Or does the stop, revive survive every 2 hrs add an hr into the 4 hr bit, so can you travel 400km in 5 hrs?
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Dee has left the building and is now heading to Melb. She coped very well with the "jeep" jibes at yesterdays little gathering. :lol: Was great to have some time with the ol gal, safe travels Dee. xx
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
GregnDee

Post by GregnDee »

Boys and girls, I’ve been a busy little vegemite for a few days..
Firstly, it was GREAT to see everyone on Sunday....and my thanks go to Dot and George ( George laid the table), for organising the arvo.
Next....Terry, I don’t know what you said to Greg, but he’s now not concerned about the knocking sound in the Jeep.
Yummy scones as always!

So off I went the next day, easy run to Horsham, where I stayed in a cabin in the Wimmera CP. BEST PRICE...$79 for the best cabin or motel room ever. The park itself ends cheering up. Huge green aluminium fence around it makes guests feel they’re in a prison. No grass. But what do you expect when there’s no rain.

Then on to my mate Joan’s....which meant driving into Melbourne via Ballarat, and the Western freeway....nearly ran out of petrol, needed a pee, went the wrong way, loads of traffic, oh boy I already hated Melbourne and I wasn’t even out of the car!
Had nice meal with Joan on her 60th, now at another friends place for the weekend....just got back from ALDI having picked up a few camping items....then an opshop....picked up a couple more....

Oh. I didn’t mention the drama back “home”.....
Greg stayed up late on Wednesday night, got up off his chair, stretched, and the ceiling fan attacked him! He cut his thumb to the bone...so off he troops to the local country hospital, they fix him up tempt (only took until 3 am), then he was told to return T 8 am as it might be broken. Long story short..yes it is, ...he was taken to Mackay hospital which is 200 kms away, and there he’s wallowing....they had a major crash nearby so he knew he would be wIting a while....but he had “nil by mouth” so by the following arvo (yesterday) he was extremely towie, hungry thirsty, and until 6:30 pm none of the ortho surgeons could decide whether to operate yesterday...or today....he did his nut he was so hungry etc., and said he was going back to Bowen, where they would hear how he was treated, etc.....and then they said the kitchen was closed!

So he ordered pizza, one, coffee, and got it delivered! The difference in him after he had eaten was amazing....

So today, it’s around 2 pm there....and he still doesn’t know what’s happening! But he’s again nil by mouth.

The dogs are being spoilt rotten by friends coming in, one is feeding them chuck steak!

and no...he’s insisted he doesn’t need me to get back to Bowen quickly!

Will keep you posted!
Dot

Post by Dot »

What an adventure BUT are you really sure Greg is in hosp and not run off with the barmaid :lol: :lol: :lol: As long as the furbabies are looked after. Keep us informed on your adventure in the J--p.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
GregnDee

Post by GregnDee »

Hi he phoned me at 1 am (new time) to tell me he’d just had the operation! No more news yet.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

OH&S on the fan. Minimum clearance for metal blade ceiling fans means you can not stretch high enough to touch the blades. That is why they make those pressed cardboard blade fans, stings a bit when you put you hand in the way of the blades, but they don't cut. Lost count of the number of times I've been attacked by one of these things, getting a jumper or T Shirt off or on can be a hazardous experience if you are tall :roll:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
GregnDee

Post by GregnDee »

What a debacle.....
The culprit, so I’m told, for my latest drama! Visiting friends and parked the car under this. Two days. Went to start it, and the isolator didn’t unlock. The lights on the dash didn’t come on. But the car started! but then stopped. Called the RACV. he tested the fuses, then he took one of the terminals off the battery....which was a new battery, and waited 20 seconds, and then after he put it all back it worked. This beast above, he said, was the likely cause of the computer in the car needing resetting!

ABC1C9B4-4DD7-451D-A325-C9655A21DF8C.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GregnDee

Post by GregnDee »

Greg now ok....

Sort of

Three days with nil by mouth until late in the day, makes him a tad towie. Having to have pizza delivered didn’t impress him.
96AE7B73-209C-4098-A91F-B6A90A36DC5F.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Waving back atcha Greg... hell of a diet yer on! ;)
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.