Not on Gas

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
SteveW

Re: Not on Gas

Post by SteveW »

Greynomad wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:28 pm Vik,
As a single cooker, it looks OK. I have never had a dud product from Kogan, and I've bought a few.
$45 seems a reasonable price, given what we paid for our 600mm three-burner with all the bells & whistles!
(Yes, I know. Earlier I said ours was a 4-burner... Checked t'other day. It's three. :oops: :roll: )

I'd buy the Kogan unit if I were in the market for portable cooking again. (Got two travelling gas BBQs already!)

Just make sure your inverter is 2000W or more (and don't use any other electrics when cooking), or use it only when hooked up to shore power.
If the cap fits, Ray, ..........
What is an Alcoholic.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

SteveW wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:01 am
Greynomad wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:28 pm Vik,
As a single cooker, it looks OK. I have never had a dud product from Kogan, and I've bought a few.
$45 seems a reasonable price, given what we paid for our 600mm three-burner with all the bells & whistles!
(Yes, I know. Earlier I said ours was a 4-burner... Checked t'other day. It's three. :oops: :roll: )

I'd buy the Kogan unit if I were in the market for portable cooking again. (Got two travelling gas BBQs already!)

Just make sure your inverter is 2000W or more (and don't use any other electrics when cooking), or use it only when hooked up to shore power.
If the cap fits, Ray, ..........

What is an Alcoholic.jpg
Saceremental sherry will do that ...!!! :o :o :o

vik... :twisted:
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/2400w-indu ... euc-in30r/

So if I went for this one at least then I would get the 3000 inverter... :P :P :P is that a bad thing...???

Less is more...??? :? :? :?

vik...
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

https://www.catch.com.au/product/5-star ... H8YjZTRXvs

Well me thinks this one is the go ...??? neva had one ,so dont know, are the presets a loada or what...???

120 to 260 mm pots from what I can make of the add...??? :? 190mm??? in one pitcha...???? :roll:

any clues for cluless...???

vik... :?: :?: :?:
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I'd be looking at the second one ..... or two!
If you're cooking veg with corned beef you need 2 at the same time?
Won't break the bank & not take up much storage space either.
I can't image ever being happy with just one 'element' to cook on.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

BruceS wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:18 am I'd be looking at the second one ..... or two!
If you're cooking veg with corned beef you need 2 at the same time?
Won't break the bank & not take up much storage space either.
I can't image ever being happy with just one 'element' to cook on.
https://www.catch.com.au/product/5-star ... _campaign=

like this ...??? only 1.8 though , prolly enough but... the 15 amp power plug and the BS that ivvolves...???

vik... :o :o :o
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

That's why I suggested buy two of the single one Vik.
A lot of the time you might only need one & can keep the other hidden to give you the extra bench space.
Then you only need the 10A plug/socket as well.
(cheaper too?!)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

If you are thinking about multiple hotplates, I'd be spending the $$ and buying one of the better power control models rather than the on/off/on pulse method the cheap little units use. with better temp control etc it would be much easier to cook with and avoid the frustration associated with the little cheapie units.
For under $1,000 mark there are quite a few great looking units available here https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/cooking- ... ge=compare

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

T1 Terry wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:09 pm If you are thinking about multiple hotplates, I'd be spending the $$ and buying one of the better power control models rather than the on/off/on pulse method the cheap little units use. with better temp control etc it would be much easier to cook with and avoid the frustration associated with the little cheapie units.
For under $1,000 mark there are quite a few great looking units available here https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/cooking- ... ge=compare

T1 Terry
But I'm , was :? gettin the oven and stove jobbie

gas standby... me thinks Brucie might be on the right track this time ... :o :lol: :evil:

vik... :mrgreen:
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I thought they said in the blurb that they custom built each van to the owners specs, so why not replace the oven and gas cooktop with an induction cooktop and an air fryer. How many people actually use their oven in their caravan or motorhome?
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO