Riverlanders house reno.

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Re: Riverlanders house reno.

Post by Greynomad »

Macca wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:42 am Knowing all the work you have done it looks great- happy wife! We will be down that way next year midJune & onwards. Merry Christmas to you both. Faye will love all her drawers in the kitchen.
:shock:
Doesn't Faye have enough space in the bedroom wardrobes?
:? :o
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Hi again. The pavers arrived today. Anyone out there with a few spare days :D . How are the ribs going Ray ? Will slowly get around the house laying them. No hurry. It is a bit like painting. It is all the prep. work that takes the time.
SDC15982.JPG
Cheers John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Look forward to seeing when down. What colour are they John?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Are the pavers to combat the shifting sands near the garage? .. or was that Ray's place?
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Yes Dot. I am also looking forward to seeing them down but not putting them there. They are in the brown colours. Ray's sand problems are caused by storm water. The house pad soil around my place turns into a fine powder and drifts through the house so it will be good to cover it up.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

John, What size are they ? If they are 200's or 300's laying them isn't too bad. But I think they are bigger aren't they. Get some decent knee pads before you start. Like you said, the prep work is the hardest part.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

We are forever spraying our pavers to kill the weeds, just get them looking good & up come more weeds, they look good, BUT.
Shirley & Bruce.
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Hi. Has been very slow progress on the house. Faye's medical treatment since February has been pretty full on and I have lost some get-up and go but I have most of the pavers down. Just 3 hundred to go that will have to wait a while as Faye is back to hospital for another op. and probably 6 weeks of ray treatment again. Next job is outside painting, under the verandah, fascias and verandah posts but if Faye is up to it and we can get a space between hospital visits a trip in the van will be the go.
Cheers John
unnamed.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Riverlander wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:50 pm Hi. Has been very slow progress on the house. Faye's medical treatment since February has been pretty full on and I have lost some get-up and go but I have most of the pavers down. Just 3 hundred to go that will have to wait a while as Faye is back to hospital for another op. and probably 6 weeks of ray treatment again. Next job is outside painting, under the verandah, fascias and verandah posts but if Faye is up to it and we can get a space between hospital visits a trip in the van will be the go.
Cheers Johnunnamed.jpg
"tanks" here---John,
The paving looks great. All in a row and nothing out of place. Time for a sit-down and have a cuppa.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Riverlander wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:10 pm Hi again. The pavers arrived today. Anyone out there with a few spare days :D . How are the ribs going Ray ? Will slowly get around the house laying them. No hurry. It is a bit like painting. It is all the prep. work that takes the time.SDC15982.JPG
Cheers John
Memories John. Did you have any volunteers to help.
Keith

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.