Ad-Speak

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Ad-Speak

Post by Greynomad »

There has been an ad running for a while now, where a woman says she no longer washes her face, she uses XXXXX company’s Micellar Water to miraculously clean off make-up.
I looked up ‘micellar’ today...
“An aggregation of molecules in a colloidal solution, such as those formed by detergents.”
:shock:
So she doesn’t wash her face anymore. She buys expensive soapy water.
:roll:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
supersparky

Re: Ad-Speak

Post by supersparky »

I wonder if they use Evian as a base for the water.
It took me a while to work out what Evian means, until I read it backwards. :D
There are three things that unfortunately I didn't pursue as business ventures.
Bottled water, motor scooters and SMS text messaging, believe or not I didn't think they would go beyond the fad stage. :( :( :(
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---supersparkie
The mention of Evian reminds me of the Evian Roller Skating Babies. (google it)
In my younger days I thought that these babies were super special being able to skate like they do. It took a friend a long time to explain to me that they were not real, but were digitised images.
WELL WORTH A LOOK if you have the time.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Wow yes still on our tv 😇
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

You probably won’t believe it, but 50 years ago, I rented a house with a small shed with ONE power point in it.
I made up a board with two double power points and a 6ftcable out the back with a single male plug 🔌 on it.
The world’s first power board.
Unfortunately I didn’t patent it. 😢
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:58 pm You probably won’t believe it, but 50 years ago, I rented a house with a small shed with ONE power point in it.
I made up a board with two double power points and a 6ftcable out the back with a single male plug 🔌 on it.
The world’s first power board.
Unfortunately I didn’t patent it. 😢
My mother had a power board made up by her father that was passed on to me at age 10. So that was 54 yrs ago it came into my possession, so when it was actually made must have seriously predated that. It really was a power board, it had a light with a rotating shade made from a jam tin with a hole cut in the side and 2 power points, all mounted to a piece of timber weatherboard and painted yellow. I think it's original purpose was a combination desk light and power board for what ever desk top appliances were around back then. He was the chief engineer for Lithgow Small Arms and was head hunted by the Hoskins family to be the lead engineer in building their first steel works in Port Kembla, so I guess anything that was cutting edge he had access to or was supplied by the company.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Geez, Terry,
You’ve always gotta go one better. 😢
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:03 pm Geez, Terry,
You’ve always gotta go one better. 😢
Can't have ya claiming something ya isn't entitled to eh ;) Nearly as bad as those people that pick up others poor gramma and spelling eh :lol: Never mind, you do win some of them
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Still got that old powerboard with the light?
I've hung onto mine. Still use it! :D
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:47 pm Still got that old powerboard with the light?
I've hung onto mine. Still use it! :D
Sadly no, I think it went with my sister and bother in law and probably thrown away by now. It was certainly a unique bit of gear with the jam tin light shade that swivelled to focus the light just where it was needed. They made some remarkable items during the depression out of necessity, now days everything is throw away.
I do remember it was only 2 wire cable, no earth wire, it would have sent Oldtrack into cardiac arrest just seeing a photo of it :lol: