Washing machine

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Shirley

Washing machine

Post by Shirley »

I need a new washing machine, I want a top loader thinking 7kg max., what does everyone recommend ?

Also a dishwasher any recommendations ?

Any one purchased from Appliances online in Sydney, they deliver free by post ?
Shirley & Bruce.
Newcastle George

Re: Washing machine

Post by Newcastle George »

Shirley, do you need them for home or MH?

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

We always used a F & P eco top load machine, they could auto judge the amount of water required. And e always had it set for cold water. Had a good clean wash and few maintenance problems.

As for a dish washer we never had one till we moved in her and all appliances are Millie and bl**dy expensive. I would go with the same brand if reviews are good.

Haggle local as most likely better for warrany if needed as well as return. Cheers Robert
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Shirley, we have had great successes with appliances on line. Our daughter tells me thet they also take away the broken appliance if you ask them and its free to take your junk away.

The thing to check with the dishwasher is the actual times that they take for the minimum wash. Our westinghouse has a 1 hour minimum cycle, the old dishlex that we had previously only took 12 minutes for a complete cycle. So after you have done the measure to check it will fit and then discovered the time of wash factor, yes buy from App on line. They have been good with my equipment and do a delivery quickly.
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

George for our home, the Companion twin tub in the Coaster has been very handy last few days with the Simpson not working.

Thanks Robert, I did look at a Fisher & Pakel top loader at Harvey Norman today, the technology seemed good.

Thanks Deborah, Appliances Online state free delivery by post, thought strange a washing machine delivery by post ? Great to hear that you have delt with the company 👍👍
Shirley & Bruce.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Front loader all the way. In the bus we have a 7kg Ariston and it is fantastic. Main reason for this one was you can put it on the 30 min wash and at 15 mins you can then switch it to a faster spin cycle and uses very little water. Like it better than the house machine also front loader but a Samsung. The dishwasher is a Bosch and it hasn't missed a beat.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Thank you Dot.
Shirley & Bruce.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

F&P front loader.

Go to the store and check out all the doors and latch mechanisms. F&P won hands down. Our water consumption dropped considerably when we got a front loader.

Just be aware, you have to bend down for a front loader. The displays in the store have them on pallets or stands to lift them up.

BTW, we have an F&P dishwasher and I'd never buy one again.... doesn't clean properly and always clogging up. Have to pull it out every 2-3 months to unblock the pump.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

We will not touch FP, had two fridges fail and clothes dryer spins too fast with centrifugal force keeping clothes from tumbling. Our Malleys Whirlpool top loader which we purchased in 1992 finally gave up the ghost a few weeks ago and has been replaced with an LG 7.5kg top loader at $785 from the Good Guys including delivery and removal of the Malleys.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Thank you Jon & George for your opinion, I looked at FP 7kg top loaders as sister in law told me that it's a pain bending down using the front loaders, looked at a SS Westinghouse dishwasher, decisions, decisions :D
Shirley & Bruce.