Here's another one.....

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Chuck

Here's another one.....

Post by Chuck »

Political, probably, make your own mind up... I just pass 'em on.

To all the school kids going on 'strike' for Climate Change: You are the first generation who have required air-conditioning in every classroom. You want TV in every room and your classes are all computerised. You spend all day and night on electronic devices. More than ever, you don't walk or ride bikes to school but arrive in caravans of private cars that choke local roads and worsen rush hour traffic. You are the biggest consumers of manufactured goods ever and update perfectly good expensive luxury items to stay trendy, Your entertainment comes from electric devices. Furthermore, the people driving your protests are the same people who insist on artificially inflating the population growth through immigration, which increases the need for energy, manufacturing and transport. The more people we have, the more forest and bushland we clear and more of the environment is destroyed.

How about this... Tell your teachers to switch off the air-con. Walk or ride to school. Switch off your devices and read a book. Make a sandwich instead of buying manufactured fast food. No, none of this will happen because you are selfish, badly educated, virtue signalling little 'snowflakes', inspired by the adults around you who crave a feeling of having a 'noble cause' while they indulge themselves in Western luxury and unprecedented quality of life. Wake up, grow up and learn to research facts and think for yourself and not blindly accept the words and thoughts of others - I don't think you formulated this action plan all by your self - suspect you may have had some influence and 'guidance' from those you trust ....a word of warning, be cautious of the influence of the 'left' because there may be a time in the future that you will be the ones left out...
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
BernieQ2

Re: Here's another one.....

Post by BernieQ2 »

That was on facebook days ago .
Bernie .
Busman

Post by Busman »

But oh so very true..................
My Mum told me about running inside screaming with her siblings at age 7 because water was falling from the sky, had never seen rain.
And how they WALKED 7 miles to school and 7 miles home after school.
Precious little Gretas............. How dare they !!!!
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

I grew up in Sydney & walked 1 mile to primary school & back daily, if I walked up to the main road I could catch a bus for 1 penny but that was in the other direction & I was almost half way to school if I just walked. Different when I started high school train station was at the top of our street.
Always remember the biscuits being placed in brown paper bags when you purchased them & purchasing a bag of broken biscuits.
Folk don't seem to be able to live today without aircon, funny, in summer it's turned to cold in winter cranked up to hot, what ever happened to dressing for the season?
Shirley & Bruce.
Busman

Post by Busman »

I wish they were forced to read an address by the former boss of Greenpeace who celebrates rising levels of carbon dioxide, pointing out that the decreasing levels slide we were on meant the extinction of all life in the not so very distant future, but I guess that would force them to think, something they don't seem great about.................................

https://www.technocracy.news/former-pre ... &print=pdf
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
dapope

Post by dapope »

So this generation we are so quick to condem is the fruit of our loins, and the outcome of our parenting....
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Sorry to disagree Martin but once kids go to school they are mainly influenced by teachers.
By default the majority of teachers are **** voters and *** washed by professors in Uni....
Just gotta look at who is in the major rallies ...... including Hong Kong & years ago in Tianon Square?
What kid is going to listen to some dumb parent rather than educated persuaders?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

dapope

Post by dapope »

BruceS wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:41 am Sorry to disagree Martin but once kids go to school they are mainly influenced by teachers.
By default the majority of teachers are **** voters and *** washed by professors in Uni....
Just gotta look at who is in the major rallies ...... including Hong Kong & years ago in Tianon Square?
What kid is going to listen to some dumb parent rather than educated persuaders?
OH that's easily fixed then. We can stop educating people.. Look at all the tax dollars we can save.. Plus no more revolting kids.
Back to the dark ages we go
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Give me the dark ages anytime ....... well the 60's, 70's & some of the 80's ...........
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Eh! Bruce! Settle down! Nothing 'dark' about the 60's old mate. 70's? Disco...As dark as they come. 80's??? Ehhhh. Pretty dark.
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it