Here's another one.....

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Dot

Re: Here's another one.....

Post by Dot »

I reckon we can read all of everyone's views on this subject and still be confused, so I think we will all have to wait and see, if any of are around then
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

BernieQ wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:03 am That was on facebook days ago .
Bernie .
Yeah...?

Well I'm not!
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

How is someone's political view have anything to do with the youth of our current time believing that the ever increasing climate and ocean temperature and the receding glaciers that the ocean will rise well above anything we seem ready to accept.
If the oceans do rise, so will the river levels, how many places rely on the run off from their irrigation having somewhere to run off to? Look at what happened with the Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area (MIA) great idea not well thought through, rising salt levels has wrecked a lot of what was good agricultural land. If the river levels rise, so will the salt, Australia was once under the ocean, you can see the sand hills out the back of Wentworth as you travel along the road to Lake Victoria. there was an ocean there at one time, how much water table rise would it take for Lake Eyre and Lake Torrens to join up again and all those little lakes around it, our inland sea would again become a reality.
So, if the youth of this world believe the increased carbon levels in the atmosphere and continued green house gas emissions are contributing to heating up the planet, you won't be able to convince them otherwise. Every country that has sent soldiers to war manage to convince those soldiers they are fighting for the freedom of their country against the bad guys, yet years later the same bad guys become trading partners ........ How hard is it to convince people to become soldiers and kill the enemy?

The youth around the world are looking for a cause to fight for, just like the Hong Kong youth have. The protests start out peaceful, but if they feel they are being ignored they will turn violent. Best not to demonise their leaders, that won't help stop them going feral, it will just push those who have that tendency already to justify going to the next level.

It really doesn't matter what you chose to believe, just be certain that the youth of the world are getting p*ssed off with cheap talk and no action. Just like in Hong Kong, you can't just shoot them or lock them all up, who will be looking after you in your old folks home or even still paying taxes to pay your pensions? Who will work in the businesses you have invested in via the stock market, either directly or via a Super Fund? Like it or not, better start listening to what they have to say and stop bad mouthing them for their efforts, your livelihood or maybe even your life could depend on it. The kids are shooting up schools at the moment because they are p*ssed off about something, do you really want to give them a different target that they can far easier justify believing in their hearts that those they are killing are killing their future.
This is not a political argument, they don't really trust any of them, so choosing sides based on politics isn't going to improve anything unless the big players are willing to act on what the youth of today are saying, that is where the smart money will go, business or otherwise.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

True, T1,
Life when we were young was simpler & slower.
Our ‘aircon’ consisted of opening a window... although sometimes that just made us hotter.
So we drank water.
We didn’t have the information world at our fingertips, we went to the library and searched through books.
However, we didn’t realise that the world was slowly changing.
Now it’s changing more rapidly, and unless I, you and everyone else DOES something — not just talk about doing it — we’re ALL in deep doo-doos together!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Wasn't it Mark Twain that said "Everyone complains about the weather, but no one does anything about it" :lol: "Climate change" or "global warming" or "sea level rising" or "carbon saturation in the ocean" killing the oysters and other shell fish cause they can't build a new shell ... all someone else's problem ..... until it's our problem and all too late. I sure won't want to live in a bush setting this summer, hard to deny there is a problem when the fires start to generate their own weather patterns complete with lightning and wind that start fires all around the original fire https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firestorm the big ones in Qld pushed a smoke mushroom 14km in the air and actually created its own weather system https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-28/ ... e/10561832 .... and it isn't even summer yet this yr.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Agree, T1,
I have witnessed such firestorm weather first-hand.
It's terrifying.
Flames were so intense, they threw my shadow onto the building behind me... and I was standing 10km from the firefront! :shock:
Glad I was able to drive a LONG way away... bloody quickly!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Nup. Deleted.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

What was it, David? Much swear words??🤭
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:12 pm Agree, T1,
I have witnessed such firestorm weather first-hand.
It's terrifying.
Flames were so intense, they threw my shadow onto the building behind me... and I was standing 10km from the firefront! :shock:
Glad I was able to drive a LONG way away... bloody quickly!
Not so bad when it's your shadow that gets thrown against the wall, they seem to be fairly tough and agile, but they seem to bugga off completely when you are the one thrown against the wall :?
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Greynomad wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:37 pm What was it, David? Much swear words??🤭
Nah, I started writing some drivel about a fire a while back then realised I had probably had a red too many, or two.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.