The new guide to alcohol consumption

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Keith Morris

Re: The new guide to alcohol consumption

Post by Keith Morris »

Grandad wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:48 am You know what really pee's me off sometimes?

Australia has, literally, some of the finest wines produced anywhere in the world. I've had it on good authourity that even our cask wine that we consider only good enough for a bar-b-g if sold overseas would win gold medals.

And, for a number of different reasons, I've never developed a taste for it. It all tastes like vinegar to me.

Often I wonder what I'm missing out on.

Jim
"tanks" here---Jim
You just didn't drink enough to get the "FULL" flavour of it.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Oh I definitely agree with you tanks. But in all fairness, if you drink something and it tastes like vinegar, what is the incentive to keep drinking it?

It was the same for me with spirits. I tried them all in my teen years and they all burnt all the way down.But continued I continued until I could hardly stand up and was sick as a dog because I wanted to be "cool". As a result, the mere smell of any spirit is enough to turn my stomach now.

But when I moved permanently to Australia and some bugger shouted me a pot of Carlton draught straight out of the tap........ Ahhhh Heaven! that stuff was magic. Gimme another! And another.

Jim
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

Im particualarly fond of a drop of Tawny Port, Used to buy it in the 3 or 4lt carton when we travelled in OZ, Came in several different brands, all quite nice ;) .I cant buy a carton here in NZ only comes in 750ml bottles and about the same price i paided for a 3lt carton over there :cry: :cry: Talk about a rip off.... :( :(
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Grandad wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:14 am Oh I definitely agree with you tanks. But in all fairness, if you drink something and it tastes like vinegar, what is the incentive to keep drinking it?

It was the same for me with spirits. I tried them all in my teen years and they all burnt all the way down.But continued I continued until I could hardly stand up and was sick as a dog because I wanted to be "cool". As a result, the mere smell of any spirit is enough to turn my stomach now.

But when I moved permanently to Australia and some bugger shouted me a pot of Carlton draught straight out of the tap........ Ahhhh Heaven! that stuff was magic. Gimme another! And another.

Jim
I'm warming to you Jim .😁
Bernie .
wazzaaaa

Post by wazzaaaa »

Now I feel guilty as I read this sipping on my scotch! :D
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

I reads this and just shakes me head... :( :o :shock: :?

Givin up the grog has bin the best thing I have eva done for me self...!!!

The BS that goes with drinking ... and once ya free ya self from that chain ... :D ...!!!

The health is one thing, but the social pain booze makes...!!!

Have to get it for starters, it's everywhere = no problem

Going out...??? drink driving ,cab too friggin dear = DUI . bin done for that :roll:

Dead marines, OK now with recycle bins = can drink more

All the BS excuses under the sun to drink ... lose a game , win a game, birth, death ...etc, adds on TV... :|

The drinkers try to get ya back on it ...!!! as though I'm missing out on the elexer of life...!!!

I't true, ya bont need booze to have enjoy life, my Baltic heritage meant ya had to get pissed outa ya mind at the drop or a hat...

And thats what we did, all sorts of drinkin games etc... What a famous way to get on the tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScdUF60P6Oc

vik...
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

At least with all you non drinkers the number of drinks per person averaged out across the country is reducing :lol: I'll have a drink for you all today, just so you feel included :D and they will be my standard drinks, not what someone thinks I should have .... too much limiting the freedom of expression these days ..... did I mention I've been on TV? :oops:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

So have I... :D
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Wow yes ok thanks for that great message [emoji3047][emoji1635][emoji485][emoji1634][emoji483][emoji484][emoji898][emoji482][emoji481]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

did I mention I've been on TV?

Was that Australia's most wanted?........ :o :D :D :D ..........Peter :roll: