Gospers Mountain bushfire...!

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Chuck

Gospers Mountain bushfire...!

Post by Chuck »

This is the one that, depending on winds later today, could have us packed & ready to get the hell outa Dodge!

Whilst it is currently shown as being under control, if the winds change to a westerly or north westerly & increase significantly then that fire could
well make it's way towards the Nepean river/Penrith area & come over the ridge at the rear of our property.

We are in the lower Blue Mountains between Blaxland & Springwood NSW.

In 2000 or 2001 - forget which - Catriana was over in England visiting her elder sister for Christmas whilst I was on a rest day from my job as a
SCO (Senior Communications Officer) with the NSW police radio at Penrith. The rest day didn't last long. Received a call from the duty supervisor
to get my arse down there asap to assist with the bushfires in the BM's. Started work at 1100 hrs on the fire control channel
(Penrith? BM's channel) & finally released at 2030 hrs.

When I arrived home it was to a scene of burnt trees in the bush at the rear of our house & burnt patches on the rear lawn from flying embers. Fortunately the neighbors on both sides were very handy with their garden hoses.

I don't want to see this happen again, so, fingers crossed & bags packed... justin.....
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
bob r

Re: Gospers Mountain bushfire...!

Post by bob r »

Stay safe Chuck hope they can keep it under control.

Bob
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

As Bob said...Keep safe.
I've seen those fire's thru there back in the 60/70s down to and then jump the Nepean river..
Bernie .
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

We're also packed & ready.
Here's a sitrep from today's Age (with my additional notes).
Bushfire report 4-1-2020 copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Stay safe Chuck & Catriana!!
We had a hot day yesterday & then at around 11PM the wind swung from North to SW & quickened up to gusts of around 60-70km/hr.
I wouldn't want to be out there on a firetruck when THAT happens!!
Most fires in SA they openly admit they do not attempt to stop these fires but rather follow quickly behind to try to put out anything that they can.
Quite often they can save houses that are just starting to burn.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

Stay safe Chuck & Catriana!!. You too Ray.... Thinking of you guys and all the fires. Got some smoke day before yesterday the sun rose and was just a orange glow... weird!!!!
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
Helen Grose

Post by Helen Grose »

Thinking of you and Catrina please stay safe and anyone else out there in distressed are think I g of you all [emoji8][emoji8]HTFFBO Helen

Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk

Dot

Post by Dot »

Chuck has the wind situation well under control. :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I hope you don't get flatulence when you're nervous Chuck, could be explosive :lol: But seriously, hope you both remain safe and the fire doesn't come your way. Will the southerly change bring the fire your way?
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Oh yeah, I got the farting material under control alright ... just training myself to build it up to it's maximum for the next meeting with Dot.

So far the fires we're concerned with have not deviated or grown to any great extent. Winds accompanying the southerly may well change that but
will have to wait & see... sometime tonight I believe so fingers & legs crossed which will also assist with the build up of the farting juice.

Every little bit helps.

Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.