Gospers Mountain bushfire...!

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
supersparky

Re: Gospers Mountain bushfire...!

Post by supersparky »

Stay safe ALL our forum friends. If you don't have a plan then get out. If you do, then good luck and please don't take any unnecessary risk.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Wow yes ok thanks for that great message [emoji3062][emoji35][emoji3062]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Macca

Post by Macca »

That timber behind you is a worry at the moment. Sue hope last night did not happen and you are still safely tucked in bed. Will talk later this morning. Had phone in hand to ring yesterday & neighbours wandered over for a cuppa. Have you spoken to J & B since their big decision?
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

So far all is looking good, even after that bloody heat wave that lasted all day...

Think it was 49.8c or similar in Penrith whilst we had 48.?c sumthing.

Dunno how anything could possibly survive in that heat.

Changed the water in the 3 bird baths as it was obvious those that were not hibernating from the heat were looking for some cool water... so they
got it.

Quite a bit of bathing after each refill.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts - appreciated.
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here--- Chuck & Kat,
Up here at the Dysart Bunker there is no smoke, no fire, the temp is around 38c to 40c.
I change the 3 bird baths three times a day so as the birds have cool water, and I put the sprinkler on under the mango tree for them when they are around and 'singing' in the tree while they eat the mangos.
Happy little birds. Major does not like the black crows and he hunts them away when the smaller birds are around having a drink.
Keith

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

When the river pump decides the gods are pleased and the planets align so it will run as intended, the birds collect in the front yard trees and do aerial ballet through the sprinkler spray trying to wet every part of themselves on each pass. When the centre sprinkler is going they try to do acrobatics while perched on the top bar to get a wash under the wings and wet the body down .... some are better at it than others with a few getting the full water spray and throwing them off in that direction :lol: All the bigger river birds collect under the shade of the tree by the river and stand in the water in an attempt to keep cool, maybe I should add a water spray down there as well.
I hope the fires stay away from your house Chuck and you get to rest easy under the air con .... as long as the power stays on ......

T1 Terry & Margaret
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Yes ok thanks for that great message [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk