Thank you Dot & Mr G

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
RobertNotBob

Thank you Dot & Mr G

Post by RobertNotBob »

Received a couple of box’s of peaches from Dot and George last weekend. Idea was to preserve some and freeze others for the coming year. As we started to peel and deseed we realised they were well and truly too ripe for that path so took the high road which was much easier.

Peeling and deseed was quick as a matter of just rubbing the skin off and squeezing the seed out. Put all the peaches in the blender to make a smooth liquid then into the dryer for delicious peach leathers.

Loved by all even the grandson 5 months enjoyed sucking on one, his big sister 4 had to be watched with her I see it it is mine pop atidude and their mum took a bag home for school lunches.

So thank you again and anymore will be glad to help out cheers Robert.
4E9C81D8-0454-4FE7-9FBC-F0AF9FB4EDA5.jpeg
21DE849C-5F52-45F4-8B9A-3C2414D91FD9.jpeg
82E0F622-5D8F-47DD-BCA1-A194EAE01B4D.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shirley

Re: Thank you Dot & Mr G

Post by Shirley »

I bought two in Woolies, hard as a rock, two days later ripe enough to eat but brown inside, 👎the raspberries need to be eaten the day you buy them, don't keep.
Shirley & Bruce.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Shirley we had that trouble a couple of years ago at the local IGA but I reckon after so many complaints they got a new supplier or something?
This year the fruit is top shelf here in Mannum.
Trying the new season's grapes as I speak. Just got home from the shops!
They can be a bit tangy early in the season but they are very edible (eatable?) this year so far.
I think if everyone took their rejects back for a refund rather than just binning them the message would soon get through.
Tanks, any idea when the drumsticks or vanilla Peters icecream is due back on special? A bit of a drought here!!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

I have just finished a few spoonfulls (or spoons full) of Streets Cookies and Cream, Loverrrly.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

BruceS wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:01 pm Shirley we had that trouble a couple of years ago at the local IGA but I reckon after so many complaints they got a new supplier or something?
This year the fruit is top shelf here in Mannum.
Trying the new season's grapes as I speak. Just got home from the shops!
They can be a bit tangy early in the season but they are very edible (eatable?) this year so far.
I think if everyone took their rejects back for a refund rather than just binning them the message would soon get through.
Tanks, any idea when the drumsticks or vanilla Peters icecream is due back on special? A bit of a drought here!!!
Bruce,
‘Edible’ is correct. 😃
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Afternoon Dot second lot done and dusted, in freezer thank you again. Cheers Robert