Telstra’s continuity problem

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
BernieQ2

Re: Telstra’s continuity problem

Post by BernieQ2 »

I still have two knives that were my brothers he started a apprenticeship as a butcher back in the 50's before settling into Army life...they hold their sharpness almost as good as the ceramic knives we have .
Bernie .
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Our 130yo meat-slicer has a carbon steel blade.
Cuts way better than our s/s carving knife.
Inherited the slicer from SWMBO’s uncle, who ran a deli.
Still the original blade! Built-in sharpening stone can be flipped onto blade when needed. Last time we needed it was about three Christmases ago.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Dunno what Telstra’s ad people are smoking, but it must be good stuff!
Has anyone else noticed that the pianists in the latest ad are nicely suited... but barefoot?!?! 😳
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:10 pm Dunno what Telstra’s ad people are smoking, but it must be good stuff!
Has anyone else noticed that the pianists in the latest ad are nicely suited... but barefoot?!?! 😳
It's one of those symbolism things, you can either afford shoes or Telstra, but not both ...... not a good sign when yet another carrier is selling a modem that has a WiFi sim card to back up the NBN so there are less drop outs .... maybe the other bit of symbolism is the gap in the performance as they switch piano players, could that represent buffering or just the delay while it finds a network that is actually working ...... Next will be a provider that offers all the carriers including satellite and the NBN so it really would have coverage across Australia ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO