BLM & statues

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Chris61

Re: BLM & statues

Post by Chris61 »

Where do we stop when it comes to destroying things built by slaves
Built by Slaves.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

Noggins wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:08 am I have often wondered with all the political unrest of BLM so-called "Protests" etc what would happen if I painted on Ayres Rock
"White Lives Matter" in very large letters with an extremely toxic white paint, so even when removed would it scar the rock for perpetuity.
If it's good enough for the Aboriginal side of Australia to paint and deface our icons it should be OK to level the playing field.

Ron
I was just being my usual Cynical Self
I do realise that most of the protesters, here and O.S are of the great unwashed ( to borrow a phrase ) and have very little ideas of real life without their $15 P/h and bussed in protests.
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Noggins wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:49 pm
Noggins wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:08 am I have often wondered with all the political unrest of BLM so-called "Protests" etc what would happen if I painted on Ayres Rock
"White Lives Matter" in very large letters with an extremely toxic white paint, so even when removed would it scar the rock for perpetuity.
If it's good enough for the Aboriginal side of Australia to paint and deface our icons it should be OK to level the playing field.

Ron
I was just being my usual Cynical Self
I do realise that most of the protesters, here and O.S are of the great unwashed ( to borrow a phrase ) and have very little ideas of real life without their $15 P/h and bussed in protests.
I think it often opposing interest groups trying to discredit the cause the peaceful protesters are pushing and in the USA, used as a cover to actually cause financial hardship again the middle class of the very group that are staging the peaceful protest.

The recent second wave outbreak that those who were against the protests warned would happen, turns out to be big family gatherings and brainless twits who knew they were infected yet still attended the big family gathering ensuring the rest of the extended family group caught it as well .... ya gotta wonder about some people eh?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
homeless

Post by homeless »

It's called "Gene pool cleansing"
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

homeless wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:36 pm It's called "Gene pool cleansing"
Nah, it isn't killing off the young, only aged and health impaired ...... maybe it's social welfare cleansing ...... or a way around having the parents come to live at their house when they can't look after themselves but have already given all the money to the kids .... they couldn't sell the family home to finance it because that is their entitlement inheritance for the remaining family to fight over ....
See Noggins, you aren't the only cynical one amongst us :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

I thought pandemics and epidemics were a means of reducing worldwide populations however, this one isn't doing a very good job. :( ;)

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
homeless

Post by homeless »

It ain't over yet George.
Interesting in USA it appears to have started to attack 20 - 40's so they are no longer safe
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

homeless wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:58 pm It ain't over yet George.
Interesting in USA it appears to have started to attack 20 - 40's so they are no longer safe
The fact health insurance is required to access medical treatment in the majority of cases and un-employment/under employment means far less have insurance now because it was part of their employment package, those that could have survived the infection will not survive without hospital treatment they can't afford. Will those deaths be counted? I doubt even half of the deaths over there are being counted as Corona virus deaths, can't have that many confirmed infections per day increasing without the death toll seriously increasing as well.

T1 Terry
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

From the medical stuff I've read lately, it's not deaths from the virus which the young have to worry about, it's the massive damage done to their lungs and increasingly other organs. It seems the virus attaches to certain proteins in the lungs grows by living of that protein which damages the lungs as the virus tears the protein off rather than dislodging it. Have also read they are discovering damage to circulation systems and some organs and they have no idea of the long term effects from it.

There is also growing evidence that bald men are more likely to die from the virus because of their high rates of androgen hormones, which the virus can use to bind to cells. May not have that bit completely right, but that's the gist of it.

I'm interested in that aspect because a daughter's partner is in his mid 30's and has been bald for many years, they live in Melb CBD. Health and fitness have a big bearing on how we handle illness and believe my survival is because of those two things, my only addiction is to being healthy and fit, yet not becoming obsessed with it. My fear of becoming unfit is so bad I went for runs in the last two mornings when we had 115mm of rain over those 2 days. Nothing like running through heavy rain, mud, bog holes, puddles and a creek or 2, with two crazy dogs paddling along with you. It didn't stop raining for 4 days here and today we had some sun, sadly the rain has just returned, but from a different direction. The last 3 days it came from the east, now it's coming from the sth W, just love living in Tas and experiencing the effects of the great southern ocean, it's very interesting to experience weather that has never touched land until it hits Tas. You could write a story or an album of how the weather acts here and is so volatile, recorded winds up to 180kph when low lows hit, is volatile.

As you can see, it's raining and I'm, bored. But we are back to playing again next week, pubs fully open tomorrow and we got our first gig for next weekend, it was one cancelled when the virus hit, can't wait.
Last edited by native pepper on Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

T1 Terry wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:14 pm
The fact health insurance is required to access medical treatment in the majority of cases and un-employment/underemployment means far less have insurance now because it was part of their employment package, those that could have survived the infection will not survive without hospital treatment they can't afford. Will those deaths be counted? I doubt even half of the deaths over there are being counted as Corona virus deaths, can't have that many confirmed infections per day increasing without the death toll seriously increasing as well.

T1 Terry
Access to health care in the USA is really hard, even for the insured at times :cry: . From what I know, it's who you are who you know and how much money you have which determines your health treatment, If you don't fit into those categories, you're stuffed big time :o and lots of people in the USA never go to a doctor :oops: , if they treat you and you can't pay they can lock you up until you do. :shock:

There wouldn't be too many countries who are being honest with the figures relating to death and infections :? , which government on the planet can be trusted :evil: , not one in my opinion :roll: . Although here in Aus and some other places, think they are being reasonably honest about the numbers, hopefully :| . I notice there are more and more of the statue protestors coming down with the virus, what goes around comes around eh. ;)