Vic / NSW Border closes

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Mrcoolabah1au

Re: Vic / NSW Border closes

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Yes ok thanks for that great message 👍
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Relief... of a sort.

Successfully applied for an exemption pass for self & SWMBO. :)
Problem is, we have to re-apply in 14 days, when current one expires! :(

Then there's the problem of actually crossing the border.
How much time to I add to our normal travel times to ensure we get to appointments on time? We'll either arrive late or an hour early! :roll:

Had enough of that living in Melbourne. :evil: That was a major reason for the tree-change.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Maybe 1hour [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Border closed

supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Ray, In a back handed sort of way, you are probably a little lucky that a lot of heavy transport crosses to Corowa. At some of the little places along the river the ABC is suggesting that the bridge is closed and you must go another way. I suppose it depends on the size of the town, facilities and shops.
On the ABC early news they reported that quite a few campers and caravans (their words not mine) were at the wayside stop just on the Vic side along the Princes Hwy near Genoa. But there are always people overnighting there on the old caravan park site.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

David, the old caravan park is at Genoa, by the river. The wayside stop they are talking about is probably the one just after the NSW border, there are two, one is on the Vic side and the other in NSW. There's a lot of room at those places for a number of vans and as said, there are always vans parked there at night time. Can't understand why they don't park at Genoa, it's a lovely spot with facilities.

It's a wonder we all don't have the virus, considering the incompetent stupidly of the authorities. They let an entire planeload from Melb last night disembark in Sydney without any checks. Now they have discovered a member of a family who has been holidaying in Merimbula for a week, tested positive in Melb before leaving, but they didn't tell them. The family has toured the coast, including dining at the Tathra pub where there were 80 people eating. Now they may have to shut down Merimbula and maybe the entire Bega valley because of the gross incompetence of the pollies and bureaucrats.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

With you, Bruce!

Us border residents are paying for the stupidity & selfishness of a few morons in Melbourne who couldn't/wouldn't/didn't care about infection controls such as social distancing & hand-washing.

A fair few of the infections were traced to huge family gatherings to celebrate the end of Ramadan. Others to people who were told to go home and isolate themselves, and immediately went shopping or on a pub-crawl!! :roll: :roll:
Because of them, we're not allowed to travel into NSW without a permit, and absolutely forbidden to enter Queensland!
:evil: :evil: :evil:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

t's a wonder we all don't have the virus, considering the incompetent stupidly of the authorities. They let an entire planeload from Melb last night disembark in Sydney without any checks. Now they have discovered a member of a family who has been holidaying in Merimbula for a week, tested positive in Melb before leaving, but they didn't tell them. The family has toured the coast, including dining at the Tathra pub where there were 80 people eating. Now they may have to shut down Merimbula and maybe the entire Bega valley because of the gross incompetence of the pollies and bureaucrats.
I read they told him, he was negative. So he and the family traveled in good faith.
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

[emoji107]

Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

How much time to I add to our normal travel times to ensure we get to appointments on time? We'll either arrive late or an hour early!
Coolabah1au wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:32 am Maybe 1hour [emoji848]
A 5km queue along the Hume at Albury/Wodonga this morning... five hours to cross the line!! :shock:

They'd better get a lot quicker at passing cars through tomorrow... :roll:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields