Vic / NSW Border closes

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
pet-els

Vic / NSW Border closes

Post by pet-els »

As of Tuesday evening the border from Vic into NSW will be closed.

PeterH
PeterH
Coolabah1au

Re: Vic / NSW Border closes

Post by Coolabah1au »

pet-els wrote:As of Tuesday evening the border from Vic into NSW will be closed.

PeterH
Wow yes ok thanks for that great message yes I will have to start working on it again [emoji3060]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Macca

Post by Macca »

Should not have given them any warning but feel for the folk living in western Vic.
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Agree, no warning just the border is shut. Although giving one days warning gives those working away time to get back home. My youngest daughter (a grandma) is in the process of moving to Tas which was a long term plan and their house has just sold, now they can't come through Victoria. Told her to get a container, put all their stuff in it, sell the cars or store them and fly down from Sydney or Canberra. The container can follow them and they end up with a big shed.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Really great for us border-dwellers!! (NOT!)

Rutherglen has not yet had ANY positive tests for Covid-19! ONE Corowa lady died after contracting it elsewhere, and that was within days of the original lockdown. Since then, NONE!

Our GP is in Corowa, NSW (10km).
My Oncologist is in Albury, NSW (45km).
Our church is in Corowa.
We do our grocery shopping in Corowa. (Round trip: 20km, compared with Wangaratta: 90km!)
Specialty shops are in Albury, not Corowa.
Small Mitre 10 in Rutherglen has mostly empty shelves, now... everyone has been DIYing in isolation. And he's having difficulty re-stocking.
Alternatives are Bunnings in Albury, Wodonga or Wangaratta. Can't get to Albury now. Hope Wodonga & Wangaratta can re-stock!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

You don't go to Yarrawonga Ray .
Bernie .
Yesterday on postcodes there was a good showing of Rutherglen. Pie Shop pub and a thousand something wine shop .
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Ray, I was just watching the ABC news and Premier Dan was saying that there will be exemptions for border town dwellers such as yourself.
It will be the same for the in-laws up at Yarrawonga -Mulwala except they are a bit older than you are and have zero access to electronic anything. One of the G kids will have to visit them and organise a printout of their permit. The relevant authorities will have a workable solution in the next 24 hrs, i'm sure. With number plate recognition cameras now widespread it shouldn't be too hard for them to work out what you are doing.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Lock-down. You beauty.... might get a chance to eat 25 cans of chick peas and 4 bags of frozen broccoli.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Wow Jon, you'll end up in lockdown somewhere after eating all that food. :lol: :lol:
Shirley & Bruce.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Jon, I can help you with the broccoli but we have talked about the chickpeas before. Maybe give them to some cows :roll:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.