Lock down

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Lock down

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:28 am
T1 Terry wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:23 am
Greynomad wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:22 pm Less than two hours and I can have a ceremonial burning of our “NSW Passports”!!
:D :D :D
I wouldn't be too hasty destroying the passport Ray, SA/Vic border residents have been told to use their old passport to negotiate the border crossing so who knows what will happen in the near future, might be NSW turn to go into lock down .....

T1 Terry
Now that would really be schadenfreude!!
After Dear Gladys refused to open the border to Victorians when the number of active COVID cases in NSW was growing while Vic had two weeks of ZERO cases...
Not sure if you watch Insiders on a Sunday morning on the ABC, but they have a segment called "Talking pictures" with Mike Bowers. On it there was a cartoon from one of the papers about the South Australian lockdown with the caption "Stop, false alarm, they're Liberals" might be a bit of paraphrasing there, but that was the general idea :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Gladys seems to enjoy a bit of border bashing. She is having a smack at Anna P just about every day. But the WA border is still shut isn't it . The whole thing is just political tit for tat now. There is merit to both arguments though, just depends on which side of the fence you are on.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:44 pm Gladys seems to enjoy a bit of border bashing. She is having a smack at Anna P just about every day. But the WA border is still shut isn't it . The whole thing is just political tit for tat now. There is merit to both arguments though, just depends on which side of the fence you are on.
It seems the states that went into full lock down and then kept borders closed recovered well both pandemic wise and $$ wise. WA seems to be doing the best of all, maybe the tourist $$ isn't as critical to them as many seemed to think ...... the whole boycott of WA over the "No Free Camping" thing by Grey Nomads might have prepared them better for promoting travel within the state to fill in the loss of interstate tourists ....
I guess the Qld tourist operators are hurting without the interstate $$ flowing in, but the locals wouldn't be too upset would they? Now the borders are open so Qlder's can escape the heat by heading down south, Qlder's would see it as a win-win wouldn't they?

Would being locked out of Melbourne appear to be a bad thing by any at all? I can understand them being so upset about being locked in there though, a week end in Melbourne fells like a mth so imagine how they must feel ... ;)

T1 Terry

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1 Terry wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:43 am Would being locked out of Melbourne appear to be a bad thing by any at all? I can understand them being so upset about being locked in there though, a week end in Melbourne fells like a mth so imagine how they must feel ... ;)

T1 Terry
:D
That's why we moved out of Melbourne... :D :D :D

Although Son-&-Heir is still trapped in the city — shared custody of daughter.
At least, for another eight years until she turns 18 & can decide for herself if/which parent she prefers to live with.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

A student at a high school tested positive to the virus this week, not sure where they were infected. (Other than their body). Just hope it is contained quickly. Doubt the virus will ever disappear and now part of life. Robert
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

... and health authorities are finding fragments of the virus in sewage water in many towns.
Most likely from people who have recovered from Covid, so I’d tend not to panic.
Localised testing & isolation seems to be able to control outbreaks now.
I think (hope) the worst is over. Now we just have to manage it & be vigilant about healthy practices.
This, it seems, is the ‘new normal’...
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

What is normal [emoji848][emoji40][emoji40][emoji40]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Coolabah1au wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:49 pm What is normal [emoji848][emoji40][emoji40][emoji40]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seems the border shut downs are now causing traffic fatalities .....https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-12/ ... h/13147470 The new normal seems to be ... refer to 2020 until further notice ...... it will take a while for any vaccines to be rolled out in sufficient numbers to think about life ever returning to pre covid normal, if it ever can .....

T1 Terry
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Lots of people will be really p!ssed off...
They would have been looking forward to seeing the Australian Open in person.
Refunds anyone?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

All I can do is laugh, been advocating they move quarantine out of population areas and let the country get on with life since the first lock down. But not only are they to stupid to do that, I get howled down for even suggesting a logical and rational solution. t

What's more important, keeping the profit growth of political vested interests rising, ie the hotel industry which heavily donate to all political parties, or the safety and freedom of the entire population.

Through out all the states there are many places that could be utilised to house and contain the quarantined, along with support services. There are towns that are almost deserted, which could quickly be utilised, this would boost rural areas and if they really had any working brains amongst them, they would be well on the way to building specific long term quarantines far from the general population.

Scientists are saying this virus isn't the last and we are in for lots of them because of population growth, pollution environmental destruction, rape and pillage of land and sea life, the extinction of many foods chains and the chemicalisation of human and animal foods. All a recipe for disaster, after all, we are biological machines not mechanical machines and need biologically sustainable real food, not chemicalised junk. But that's only my opinion, backed up by the known medical and biological science.

But after a year, they are still hawking the same old approach which has consistently failed over and over. It won't change no matter how strict they get, as this virus mutates and spread through the air, they can't contain it by using staff that walk out into huge numbers of people after spending hours in contaminated closed areas, or hotels that spew out their stale air into the surrounding atmosphere.

Just a little tip, if anyone goes to or is in an area where they need masks, make sure you have close fitting wrap round glasses on and never take them off, the virus is absorbed by our eyes and they have yet to work it out. All the virus strains are spread by aerosol means and the new mutations are the very potent aerosol spreaders masks only stop it spreading from you, they don't protect you from it, it's so fine you absorb it through your eyes. It will never be controlled until they move all cases and quarantine a long way from populated areas and lock them down completely in nice natural surroundings, so people can move outside to a degree. People quarantining only really need to socially distance until cleared or fully separated and cared for.