Lock down

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Lock down

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:20 pm As people get off the planes make them use the emergency slides straight into a big drenching pool, herd them onto cattle trucks and into a tent city out in the middle of Oz. Supplies will be dropped in by chopper.... Just need this virus to be stopped so we can get on with living and stop letting anyone into the country.
:lol: Can you imagine the "Civil libertarians"and all the other groups thinking that is a good idea :lol: Might slow down the application rate to come back home though ;)

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Terry you say I haven't thought it through, but the authorities have thought it through and have it in hand, yet look at the results. The spanish flu 100 years ago was a very minor virus compared to today, it killed many because of the lack of hygiene, biological understanding, communications and it didn't mutate. In Australia and other places they had quarantine areas separated from the populations, in Victoria it was the end of the mornington peninsula and in Sydney it was the same, nth head. The facilities are still on the mornington peninsula and in Sydney.

Sweden with just 10 million people and after 1 year of trying herd immunity, suddenly locked itself down, herd immunity doesn't work with rapidly mutating viruses, it has the opposite effect, as Sweden now knows after many many deaths. But reality doesn't fit with you lot and the majority, so it will mutate over and over getting worse and worse until it become so deadly it will be unstoppable. Already they are discovering their vaccines don't work on the new mutations, so best of luck with yours and the government approach, it's working wonderfully so far. Just ask all those suffering for the after effects a year later and you will soon see how debilitating it really is becoming.

It doesn't really matter what I or anyone thinks, it's the outcomes which are important and since this forum has 300+ member, yet just the same few post and the majority don't want to hear anything that doesn't fit into their mindset. Most have got howled down or ignored so they stop posting, they realise their thoughts and ideas are not welcome here. Which is no different to the forums you all left, biased prejudiced and discriminatory. They don't even have the guts to come right out and name me, they use snide backhand remarks so everyone knows who they are talking about, or they send threatening PM's. So you can stick it and go back to your boring empty trivia and be happy no one will opposes you, because you're no different to other elitist driven forums and most will be very happy to see me go so they have intimated I should be thrown out many times, happy to oblige. :lol:
idexnz

Post by idexnz »

Hey NP and others, don't spit the dummy!

I and probably many others enjoy reading all your diverse opinions as it really helps to clarify my own thinking. I doubt whether my views would add much of value to the conversations so I refrain from comment when it is clear that others have more to offer.

Keep up the great work everyone and please try to respect the opinions of others, even if you don't necessarily agree with everything they have to say.
Dot

Post by Dot »

idexnz wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:55 pm Hey NP and others, don't spit the dummy!

I and probably many others enjoy reading all your diverse opinions as it really helps to clarify my own thinking. I doubt whether my views would add much of value to the conversations so I refrain from comment when it is clear that others have more to offer.

Keep up the great work everyone and please try to respect the opinions of others, even if you don't necessarily agree with everything they have to say.

Indexnz

Thank you for your wise words, lets just hope everyone takes notice.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Our Beloved Leader Daniel Andrews has locked down the whole state, because a dozen people 350km from us have tested positive for the virus.
Rutherglen has never had a positive case, and Albury (45km East) had ONE traveller on holidays test positive a year ago and none since.
Young couple in Rutherglen had their wedding booked for today. The lockdown put paid to that.
So they relocated the ceremony and reception 10km North to Corowa, across the Murray River in NSW.
No crowd limit, no mandatory masks. No problems.

I guess that proves the virus can’t swim.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

Greynomad wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:06 pm Our Beloved Leader Daniel Andrews has locked down the whole state, because a dozen people 350km from us have tested positive for the virus.
Rutherglen has never had a positive case, and Albury (45km East) had ONE traveller on holidays test positive a year ago and none since.
Young couple in Rutherglen had their wedding booked for today. The lockdown put paid to that.
So they relocated the ceremony and reception 10km North to Corowa, across the Murray River in NSW.
No crowd limit, no mandatory masks. No problems.

I guess that proves the virus can’t swim.
I don't know why people think that one person makes the decisions to do such things like the shut downs. They take the advice from the medical people that know what they are talking about. With those utterly selfish no mask wearing morons marching in Melb today it is them and their kind that keeps this virus going. Now with the new strains coming on fast we have to do everything to halt it. As for the virus not being able to swim it did pretty good on the cruise ships. No thanks I would rather do as I am requested to do for my health and others. end of me rant :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

I don't see what the problem is.

The virus has possibly got out into the community. The gov't has just said, nobody move for 4-5 days. This allows them to see where it is by tracking any new infections. And if there are some, by not moving means that we can contain it in the household. What's wrong with that?????

You all seem to moan (for want of a better word) about the govt and them trying to protect us. But, if you were to drive around Melb today, the streets were empty. Except for the trips that you're allowed to do; ie essential shopping. The absolute majority have accepted the fact that it needs to be done.

Ray, I wonder who would be first and loudest to complain if someone from the wedding party brought the virus into Rutherglen. ....
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

The guests were all Rutherglen locals...
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
dapope

Post by dapope »

Greynomad wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:30 pm The guests were all Rutherglen locals...
Doesnt matter.
Try thinking outside your own backyard, just for a change.
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Razor blades for breakfast this morning Martin? Watch out when they pass!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA