Oz Day fuss

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Dot

Re: Oz Day fuss

Post by Dot »

Around and around we go. Doubt anyone dead or alive knows the true facts . some back the wiki stuff, some believe what he said etc etc. Really who gives a hoot what day was chosen for one day out of 365 ? One thing that is 100% bull dust is the invasion crap. Believe whom ever you want to thats your choice so lets all agree to disagree and get on with living in the future. BTW Normie Rowe just put the writings of Ray Payne OMA. Women didn't have the vote until 1902 , women are still not considered equal to men, And who is to say what information we get from whom ever is the real facts. Still no one has mentioned my question about dates is the date of 25th Dec which is totally wrong yet who is yelling and screaming to change it ???? :D

Now this is interesting indeed BUT will anyone really read it?

XMA Header Image
Aboriginal woman pens powerful letter to divisive Australians · Caldron Pool www.caldronpool.com
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dapope

Post by dapope »

Thats a strange link Dot.
Nothing there that makez sense
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Dottie & all,
Ray Payne says,
On the 26th of January 1949, the Australian nationality came into existence when the Nationality and Citizenship Act 1948 was enacted. That was the day we were first called Australians and allowed to travel with Passports as Australians.
Under the Nationality Act 1920 (Cth), all Aborigines and Torres Strait Islanders born after January 1, 1921, gained the status of British subjects. In 1949, therefore, they automatically became Australian citizens under the Nationality and Citizenship Act 1948.
Before that special date, all people living in Australia, including Aborigines born after 1921, were called 'British Subjects' and forced to travel on British Passports and fight in British wars.
We all became Australians on the same day!
This is why we celebrate Australia Day on the 26th of January!
But why was 26th January chosen for that act to become law?
As I stated in my OP, because that was the date the first permanent settlement was established on the shores of Port Jackson. The soil of Botany Bay was too poor for the growing of vegetables needed by the new settlement.

And BTW, December 25th was appropriated from a Roman pagan festival.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

dapope wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:40 am Thats a strange link Dot.
Nothing there that makez sense
Off course not, it's a fervent religious site, and they never make sense.

When you look at the reality, the day, the celebration is a load or ideological rubbish, as is the claims of those objecting. If you ask real indigenous people and not the urban drop kick wankers, you soon learn where true indigenous people stand, nowhere. They couldn't care less as to them it's just another example of Northern hemisphere morons attempts to control social life, with their crazy deluded ideological insanity.

All indigenous people want is to live their lives in peace and harmony, but Europeans just keep trying to destroy them with their crap food, grog and soul destroying drugs.

Instead of celebrating the pathetic past, we should be working towards celebrating the coming future, instead of destroying it as Norther hemisphere mentality always does. Australia day should represent tomorrow, instead of now it represents the sordid past.
Last edited by native pepper on Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuppa

Post by Cuppa »

Dot wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:10 pm Caldron Pool www.caldronpool.com
Seriously? :shock:
Dot

Post by Dot »

I agree that link was a tad confusing so here is the article I was trying to show you.
Seems like no one read this I don't care if it is / was a religious site ,the point I was trying to make is this letter was written by an Aboriginal woman. Every one lately believes their views are right and thats ok . Cuppa 1/ When did the aborigines get the vote? 2/ No one game to address the 25th Dec and the Easter bunny date? why not Just asking for a friend. and Sorry for being a dumb female.

I want to share this letter sent to me by a woman I regard as a sister. She is a true survivor and the kind of Aboriginal woman our

leaders need to listen to, especially Greens Leader Di Natale!! Hear her words and please share her story! –

I’ve spent an hour trying to figure out how to start this letter and there’s no easy or good way to start it, I can’t pretty it up and I can’t be sensitive because I’m just so angry.

Over the last few days we have seen The Greens party cause a huge division between us, Indigenous pitted against Indigenous, Black against whites in what I can say is some of the most vile and racist hate speech I’ve ever seen, those defending the Greens have played right into their hands like the puppets you are, you think you’re smart but you’re not. Have you ever read the story of The Pied piper? The Greens are the piper and you’re the rats.

I see so much screaming and crying over the date, the 26th of January, the national day of Australia, Australia Day but not the correct date of the first fleet arriving, more fool you. So foolish to believe that the people crying for changing the date actually care about you? They don’t care about you! They care about division, widening the gap not closing it, a fool is easily parted from his family.

Not once! Not one time have I seen The Greens or labor speak out, not once have I seen you Indigenous cohorts speak out! Not once! You have never spoken out about stopping the violence, stopping the alcoholism, stopping the child abuse and sexual assault, no, you just want to talk about how “White man” has some how oppressed you. Oppressed you? Excuse you! Most of you leading the pack are well educated, had opportunities some of us only dare dreamed about, you manipulate the mobs, especially the ones less educated or fortunate for your own selfish white hating reasons! Shame on you! Shame shame shame!

I grew up in a violent alcohol fuelled family filled with some of the most abhorrent acts committed upon my mother, upon myself. My childhood wasn’t living, it was surviving from one day to the next. I don’t remember a great Christmas, a birthday that didn’t turn violent a night where I didn’t hide under my blankets hoping that he wouldn’t come into my room. That leads me to ask where were you?

When I was 6 years old, yes SIX, I had my first nervous breakdown, I couldn’t take it anymore and my mind and body gave up, my soul withered and I was but a shell of my former self, but where were you? Were you speaking up for me? Were you there to stop the real oppression the real danger to my life? A lot of you were children yourself but where were the older ones? The mothers, fathers, aunts and uncles? The politicians? The outstretched hand? No you weren’t there!

Where were you when I watched my mother get raped and bashed until you couldn’t recognise who she was? Where were you when he held us all hostage and tried to cut our throats? Where were you when I faced an onslaught of sexual abuse? Where were you when he chased us down and tried bashing my mothers head in with a bullroarer? Where were you when almost every night in my house something violent happened? Where were you when he’d sneak into my room like a thief in the night to steal my childhood? Where were you the first time I tried to kill myself aged 9? There’s so much more and it would take me a week to write it down, but where were you? You weren’t there and you still aren’t there! Luckily for me my grandmother was there, eventually my mother threw me away when I was sexually assaulted yet once again, this time by an “uncle” there was more than one offender that hurt me, I lost count, now that’s sad. Can you change all the dates I was hurt?

You cry and you scream about changing the date while there are children like me, little boys and girls living the same life I did as a child, living in constant fear of violence and sexual abuse. No, white man didn’t oppress me, white man didn’t commit those repulsive abhorrent acts, white man failed me in the way that he failed to take me and my brother away from my mother. But we mustn’t talk about the real issues effecting the indigenous community to this day! To this very day! Is it racist to speak out? NO! You professional victims cry about a date while real victims suffer horrors only seen in nightmares or in a movie, no, that’s not accurate, the greatest horror writer on the planet would cringe if he heard my story, the story of children still suffering today.

You say it’s “racist” to even speak of these issues, it’s not racism, it’s realism. I have no time for you and your virtue signalling change the date crap. Your voice is only loud when you want to play the victim. My grandmother an indigenous elder tried so hard to take me off my mother when I was a baby, but no, the authorities wouldn’t do that as it would be racist so they left me to suffer but I didn’t let that stop me, I didn’t let the abuse and poverty get in my way. Yes I did become an alcoholic when I was 13 it was easy to deal with the pain, then one day I woke up, I was 16 I decided I was not going to let the past destroy my future, I swore to myself I would never turn out like my mother, but I did, for 3 brutal years I did, for 3 brutal years I’d send my babies away out of danger so it was only me, was it racism that drove the police and DOCS to threaten to take my babies if I didn’t leave? Was it racism that saw them drag him away so the kids and I could pack and flee? No, that was humanity, that was addressing the issue, racism didn’t play a part, they didn’t see colour, they seen violence and terror the only difference is there was no grog, no drugs, he did it because he enjoyed it.

So while you’re sitting there with your privilege screaming about changing the date, I’ll be sitting here with no privilege except for what I’ve given to myself and I’ll be speaking out about the real issues and fighting for justice for myself and for every other child that is a mirror of me. Personally I’ll keep the date, some of the good memories I have is from that date, you see I spent most Australia Days with my nan, she would have BBQ’s where family and friends would get togeather and play cricket and laugh, us kids would play and play, I never wanted those days to end. My nan always taught me that it was about unity not division, she taught me not to hate, she told me stories of old passed down and from her own memories, she taught me not to hate the people of today for the sins of yesterday, my nan was all about love and without her I wouldn’t be the strong proud woman I am today. On Australia Day, celebrate don’t hate.

That’s all I have to say, I’m getting too upset, the memories of the past never fade to a living victim, a real victim, but we go on, stronger louder and proud
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I think the 25th of December in the northern hemisphere is the first day the sun rises earlier and sets later that can be determined by the "naked eye" so to speak. Scientific instruments show it is actually the 24th and many European nationalities actually celebrate "Christmas" on the 24th rather than the 25th. The whole gift giving is said to be based around the custom of friendly villagers sharing there excess stored foods with each other because they considered the worst of the winter season was now over and the sun would again warm the ground and grow crops.
Christianity saw this as a great ritual to steal and add the "Christ" part into the rituals title ..... that always bring a chuckle to me every time I see the line "remember what the season is all about ...." and "remember the Christ in Christmas"
In a round about way, this relates to the white settlers v the tribes that were here when the arrived, each has a story relating to the event, whose story is closest to the actual events is really a matter on contention
The story that the white settlers in the boats misunderstood what the locals shaking spears at them were saying, maybe, who started the hostilities? One side is shaking spears and the other side has guns, my guess is the bullet would travel further than the spear and faster, so who was the first to move up to the next level of hostility? Who knows, but the story about one member of the party on the shore being shot and the bullet hole through his shield as evidence might suggest he made himself the target by being the first to throw his spear ......

From that point on, there was in imbalance of weaponry and training when it came to winning a battle.
If it really was an invasion by a superior force, the fact the superior force did not obliterate the opposition is some what surprising. It seems those that were over powered this time were the more powerful force when they invaded, and they did wipe out the original inhabitants it seems, because there isn't any sign of living members of that group putting up a protest that the land was really their land first ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:10 pm Around and around we go. Doubt anyone dead or alive knows the true facts . some back the wiki stuff, some believe what he said etc etc. Really who gives a hoot what day was chosen for one day out of 365 ? One thing that is 100% bull dust is the invasion crap. Believe whom ever you want to thats your choice so lets all agree to disagree and get on with living in the future. BTW Normie Rowe just put the writings of Ray Payne OMA. Women didn't have the vote until 1902 , women are still not considered equal to men, And who is to say what information we get from whom ever is the real facts. Still no one has mentioned my question about dates is the date of 25th Dec which is totally wrong yet who is yelling and screaming to change it ???? :D

Now this is interesting indeed BUT will anyone really read it?

XMA Header Image
Aboriginal woman pens powerful letter to divisive Australians · Caldron Pool www.caldronpool.com
Wow Dottie, you really do need to look through the sites before you offer them up as a viable point of view. The interweb is full of extremist ranting from all sides, better to just let them have their rant and avoid linking to any of them because it just promotes their extremism while they attempt to promote it as main stream belief ....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Dot I read the letter and understand what you're getting at. Being of indigenous heritage as well as first fleet and Tas convicts, recognise the type of writing you find coming from apologists for religion. Because it was and is the religious who have put indigenous people in their situation today and they continue down that path because they are by definition racist and you only have to read their books and recorded history, to discover that glaring truth.

I could go into it, but even with the insanity we see world wide all revolving round ideology and in particular religious ideology, it amazes me that it is so protected when it is so evil and destructive in every way. Off course this will probably be deleted, as you can't attack religion, no you can abuse the planet, abuse your own and others lives, but you can't abuse the one thing that is behind all the destruction of life on the planet, religion.

The men on one side of my family married indigenous women and on the other side, were fervent god nutters. I understand fully what it's to like to be abused, homeless and to not fit in either side of the family, as well as put up with the constant taunts and attacks of my peers so that there was not a day in my childhood where I was not fighting for my life, or trying to escape the insanity of religion and it's never ending abuse against those who objected to being forced to be part of it. Which is probably why I'm a bit weird in my life approach and it still goes on today. I look like a white bloke favouring my mother, my siblings, darker favouring my father.

Have never celebrated Aus day, xmas, easter or new years and find them all very bizarre. But have made lots of money off them, so handle it with a grin. How can you celebrate a sociological country when that country is wiping out the future, does no one think of those coming after us. We should only celebrate being Australia, when we provide a viable sustainable future for our following generations, then we would have something to celebrate.

I don't see it as invasion day, as invasions have occurred in every country over and over and I don't see it as a new beginning for the country when we are destroying it at an incredible rate. We will not alleviate the poverty of many indigenous until we ate a different approach and we also have to relieve the poverty of all in this country by a different approach. That won't happen because all our governments are controlled by religious nut cases and all they want is power and control over society, not matter what it costs the future as they are all insanely deluded.

Will crawl back into my cave now and contemplate the future, if there is any.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:35 pm I agree that link was a tad confusing so here is the article I was trying to show you.
Seems like no one read this I don't care if it is / was a religious site ,the point I was trying to make is this letter was written by an Aboriginal woman. Every one lately believes their views are right and thats ok . Cuppa 1/ When did the aborigines get the vote? 2/ No one game to address the 25th Dec and the Easter bunny date? why not Just asking for a friend. and Sorry for being a dumb female.

I want to share this letter sent to me by a woman I regard as a sister. She is a true survivor and the kind of Aboriginal woman our

leaders need to listen to, especially Greens Leader Di Natale!! Hear her words and please share her story! –

I’ve spent an hour trying to figure out how to start this letter and there’s no easy or good way to start it, I can’t pretty it up and I can’t be sensitive because I’m just so angry.

Over the last few days we have seen The Greens party cause a huge division between us, Indigenous pitted against Indigenous, Black against whites in what I can say is some of the most vile and racist hate speech I’ve ever seen, those defending the Greens have played right into their hands like the puppets you are, you think you’re smart but you’re not. Have you ever read the story of The Pied piper? The Greens are the piper and you’re the rats.

I see so much screaming and crying over the date, the 26th of January, the national day of Australia, Australia Day but not the correct date of the first fleet arriving, more fool you. So foolish to believe that the people crying for changing the date actually care about you? They don’t care about you! They care about division, widening the gap not closing it, a fool is easily parted from his family.

Not once! Not one time have I seen The Greens or labor speak out, not once have I seen you Indigenous cohorts speak out! Not once! You have never spoken out about stopping the violence, stopping the alcoholism, stopping the child abuse and sexual assault, no, you just want to talk about how “White man” has some how oppressed you. Oppressed you? Excuse you! Most of you leading the pack are well educated, had opportunities some of us only dare dreamed about, you manipulate the mobs, especially the ones less educated or fortunate for your own selfish white hating reasons! Shame on you! Shame shame shame!

I grew up in a violent alcohol fuelled family filled with some of the most abhorrent acts committed upon my mother, upon myself. My childhood wasn’t living, it was surviving from one day to the next. I don’t remember a great Christmas, a birthday that didn’t turn violent a night where I didn’t hide under my blankets hoping that he wouldn’t come into my room. That leads me to ask where were you?

When I was 6 years old, yes SIX, I had my first nervous breakdown, I couldn’t take it anymore and my mind and body gave up, my soul withered and I was but a shell of my former self, but where were you? Were you speaking up for me? Were you there to stop the real oppression the real danger to my life? A lot of you were children yourself but where were the older ones? The mothers, fathers, aunts and uncles? The politicians? The outstretched hand? No you weren’t there!

Where were you when I watched my mother get raped and bashed until you couldn’t recognise who she was? Where were you when he held us all hostage and tried to cut our throats? Where were you when I faced an onslaught of sexual abuse? Where were you when he chased us down and tried bashing my mothers head in with a bullroarer? Where were you when almost every night in my house something violent happened? Where were you when he’d sneak into my room like a thief in the night to steal my childhood? Where were you the first time I tried to kill myself aged 9? There’s so much more and it would take me a week to write it down, but where were you? You weren’t there and you still aren’t there! Luckily for me my grandmother was there, eventually my mother threw me away when I was sexually assaulted yet once again, this time by an “uncle” there was more than one offender that hurt me, I lost count, now that’s sad. Can you change all the dates I was hurt?

You cry and you scream about changing the date while there are children like me, little boys and girls living the same life I did as a child, living in constant fear of violence and sexual abuse. No, white man didn’t oppress me, white man didn’t commit those repulsive abhorrent acts, white man failed me in the way that he failed to take me and my brother away from my mother. But we mustn’t talk about the real issues effecting the indigenous community to this day! To this very day! Is it racist to speak out? NO! You professional victims cry about a date while real victims suffer horrors only seen in nightmares or in a movie, no, that’s not accurate, the greatest horror writer on the planet would cringe if he heard my story, the story of children still suffering today.

You say it’s “racist” to even speak of these issues, it’s not racism, it’s realism. I have no time for you and your virtue signalling change the date crap. Your voice is only loud when you want to play the victim. My grandmother an indigenous elder tried so hard to take me off my mother when I was a baby, but no, the authorities wouldn’t do that as it would be racist so they left me to suffer but I didn’t let that stop me, I didn’t let the abuse and poverty get in my way. Yes I did become an alcoholic when I was 13 it was easy to deal with the pain, then one day I woke up, I was 16 I decided I was not going to let the past destroy my future, I swore to myself I would never turn out like my mother, but I did, for 3 brutal years I did, for 3 brutal years I’d send my babies away out of danger so it was only me, was it racism that drove the police and DOCS to threaten to take my babies if I didn’t leave? Was it racism that saw them drag him away so the kids and I could pack and flee? No, that was humanity, that was addressing the issue, racism didn’t play a part, they didn’t see colour, they seen violence and terror the only difference is there was no grog, no drugs, he did it because he enjoyed it.

So while you’re sitting there with your privilege screaming about changing the date, I’ll be sitting here with no privilege except for what I’ve given to myself and I’ll be speaking out about the real issues and fighting for justice for myself and for every other child that is a mirror of me. Personally I’ll keep the date, some of the good memories I have is from that date, you see I spent most Australia Days with my nan, she would have BBQ’s where family and friends would get togeather and play cricket and laugh, us kids would play and play, I never wanted those days to end. My nan always taught me that it was about unity not division, she taught me not to hate, she told me stories of old passed down and from her own memories, she taught me not to hate the people of today for the sins of yesterday, my nan was all about love and without her I wouldn’t be the strong proud woman I am today. On Australia Day, celebrate don’t hate.

That’s all I have to say, I’m getting too upset, the memories of the past never fade to a living victim, a real victim, but we go on, stronger louder and proud
A very strong letter Dottie, not too sure about calling people rats and fools if you want to get them on side ... but she did say she was very emotional when writing the letter and it seems rightly so after reading further .... so hopefully all will read further and put those comments into context.

The "White fella" is put in a no win position, they are either the instigators of "The stolen generation" or the uncaring mongrels that did nothing to stop it ...... The really sad thing is, it wasn't just the indigenous tribes that this abuse occurred, it was a community wide problem no matter what the skin colour or nationality, thousands were abused in much the same way and no one stood up to stop it. Many tales about child abuse in "religious schools and homes" have surfaced and all dating back to the grey period where no one would stand up and call it out. Stories of husbands/fathers, mercilessly beating mothers and children yet no one did anything to stop it, in our generation, not in the deep dark past ...... we all have a lot to be ashamed about, but at least we are now trying to call it out when we see it.

T1 Terry