No more Solvol bars

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
native pepper

Re: No more Solvol bars

Post by native pepper »

I use biodiesel for really tough stains, like grease and oil on concrete, takes it off really easily and no chemicals or pollution. Make soap out of the byproduct of biodiesel and depending on what catalyst I use, it can be soft or hard soap which is very good, but prefer the soap made out of olive oil.

Haven't seen or used solvol for a long time, when in the building game, used it all the time.
WarrenK

Post by WarrenK »

Solopol is the way to go. Cleans greasy hands very well It and doesn't make your hands feel like sand paper.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

WarrenK wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:29 pm Solopol is the way to go. Cleans greasy hands very well It and doesn't make your hands feel like sand paper.
I thought the sandpaper effect of Solvol was for male skin exfoliation https://www.healthline.com/health/beaut ... g#benefits (had to Google it to make sure I'd used the correct big word) A good rub with Solvol all over the face certainly gives that brighter skin look .... everyone asked, "what the hell happened to you" the results are that outstanding :lol: It does leave the skin "tingling" with that fresh alive feeling .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Hmmmmm always thought there was another reason for you boys to like solvol :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1 Terry wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:09 pm The hand cleaner tech has gone way past the Solvol cleaning power many moons ago. You can get a citrus based hand cleaner with polymer beads in it that works that well it removes ink, Sikaflex, oil based paint as well as any grease combination you can come up with .... even graphite grease that is a challenge for just about any hand cleaner. If you just need to remove a few layers so you can eat morning tea, spray WD40 or any of the similar products on your hands, rub it over and wipe it off with a rag, no need to go through the whole rub a dub scrub, wash and dry routine, not possible if you are miles from the nearest tap ...... industrial fitting jobs and rail equipment maintenance/repair as well as road side vehicle repair never has a tap near by :lol:

T1 Terry
Hmmm, gunna try that one, T1. :P
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---
Who of us can remember "Lifeboy" soap. You could smell it from 2 house blocks away. I forget the jingle
STOP B O --- USE LIFEBOY
Keith

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

My Mum liked Lifeboy soap, was orange colour, she use to buy it,you're right about the unusual odour, we used Rexona soap it was green.
Shirley & Bruce.
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

Like these
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

2foot6 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:26 pmLike these
"tanks" here---
That's the good gear. Where did you buy them ?
Keith

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Keith Morris wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:32 pm
2foot6 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:26 pmLike these
"tanks" here---
That's the good gear. Where did you buy them ?
Keith
"tanks" here again---
I just looked up Lifebuoy soap on e-bay and there it was ---6 bars for $15.85 post free.
Keith