Wrong argument

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
supersparky

Re: Wrong argument

Post by supersparky »

Very interesting T1, didn't know turkeys were like that. Have seen pigs do that sort of thing though.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Busman

Post by Busman »

Okay George, here is the story.
60 years ago now we lived at Denistone in Sydney. Back fence was Denistone Park which in those days extended right down to the railway line.
Our 2 german sheperds regarded the park as their own private playground. (no picking up poop in those days)
Park was in excess of 50 acres, maybe 100, and there was lots of lantana patches in it. My mate and I had done some extensive tunneling in the lantana and made cubbies and forts.
One day while the dogs were in there a shot rang out, few yelps and one of our dors was dead. Rang the cops, not much interest, ring us if you hear shooting again.
Few days later few shots in the park, rang cops, again not much interest.
Next door mate and I discussed this and decided we had to apprehend offender, so loaded darts into our daisy air rifles and headed into the park.
Ended up right near the bottom next to the railway line when we saw a person bending over and looking into one of our lantana hideouts.
Immediate thought was railway worker as had dark blue trousers on. All we could see was the big blue fat arse poking at one of cubbies, so I loosed my dart at his arse.
Huge bellow as he straightened up and turned around clutching his arse. Thats when I saw the 3 stripes on each arm. The cops had responded but from the bottom of the park, not the top.
For such a big guy he was quite fast and caught me pretty quickly, held me up in the air while sprinting along and caught my mate, held both of us up and bashed our heads together a couple of times.
Into the police car, Ryde police station and into a cell. Then the frighteners, "you will never get out of here" and "why didn't you just shoot them in the park sarge, save paperwork ?"
All the time one youger guy kept asking "let me at em sarge, I will leave no marks, while punching a huge phone book."
Eventually of course parents turned up, turned out they were in cahoots, when the cops asked if they could keep us for a bit, they agreed !
Suggested as we left that if we were to do the same thing again we should even the odds better, 2 airguns against a real firearm was not smart !
Pulled the head in for a bit after that.
William
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Did you ever find out who shot your dog?

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Our property backed onto Homebush Bay & Powells Creek, we grew up with air rifles, had so much fun in the swamp/ mangroves as we called it, pigs use to escape from the abattoirs & roam around the swamp.
All our neighbours had fowl yards, my Dad & others use to go out at day break with 22s after dogs that use to take the chooks, one of our dogs disappeared, I now know that he was one of the culprits.
Times have certainly changed as has that area there is a road that goes from Rhodes to Flemington right thru the middle of our swamp :lol: & of course the new Sydney Olympic Park was built, it was a good area to grow up.
Shirley & Bruce.
Busman

Post by Busman »

Nope never found out who shot the dog.

As per Shirleys post, my mother took over her fathers weedkiller business at Camellia.
This long ago it was an arsenic based weed killer and I can remember all this yankee brass coming to parties at the house, they regarded keeping the railways clear of weeds at paramount.
Arsenic was imported in wood barrels which were dumped in the creek that flowed into parrammata river
I remember getting stuck in the mangrove mud with my sister with a tide coming in and being rescued by one of the factory guys.
Fell into one of the mixing tanks once, still here ?
Big factory and massive road complex on the site now, wonder if they know what is under ?
Many years ago, like 60, different world now
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !