Names...

Place your jokes in this section. A little naughty will be tolerated but please no really vulgar ones!!! If you might be offended it may be better to bypass this section!!!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Names...

Post by T1 Terry »

One of my mechanic apprentices earned the name of "Jungle Bunny". Because he was the boy who had to go and get everything he developed the additional Jungle to make it Jungle Boy and soon after the boy got dropped so he was just "Jungles"
A customer questioned my 7 yr old daughter about what they were calling him, with her front teeth missing she managed to get the Jungles out well enough but then added his real name was Robert, but that didn't come out so well and the customer asked if she had said "Rabbit" It didn't take very long for him to be known by everyone that knew him by his new nick name "Jungle Bunny" and I think it has stuck with him for life :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

:? Convoluted, but so 'out there' it's almost believable... :P
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

The 5 yr practical joke we played on him I doubt has ever been beaten, but that one is real convoluted story :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1 Terry wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:32 pm The 5 yr practical joke we played on him I doubt has ever been beaten. :lol:
Well, T1,
Tell us the story...
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

We had a small clock radio to play the local radio station while we worked. The tiny speaker sounded awful if you turned it up enough to hear it at the other end of the workshop. The fix was to wire in a big speaker box that was rescued from a tip throw out because its mate had suffered water damage and fallen to bits.
Worked a treat, but as a joke the other mechanics and myself started to notice the songs were slower than normal, then we started to sing along just a little bit faster to highlight the problem.
That night after all had left I set the clock back 5 mins and locked up for the night. Next day it was Jungle Bunny who noticed the news was on that indicated it was morning tea time but the clock read 10:25. So over coffee we discussed the problem and decided to check the theory that the big speaker was dragging out that much power it not only made the songs slow but also slowed down the clock. I repeated the 5 mins winding back of the clock that night.
the next morning we gave JB (Jungle Bunny) the job of checking the clock an setting it to the correct time and he announced it was not 10 mins slow, we all just hummmm and nodded that the theory was starting to follow through.
This ritual carried on for mths until e had a long week end off. JB announce triumphantly that the clock was right now so we must have been trying to trick him. I explained that no one had been there for the 3 day week end so the radio wasn't on so the speaker hadn't dragged the power out of the radio making the clock loose time ....... he wondered off to think about that one.
A week or so later I noticed the wire had been removed from the big speaker, so I didn't set the clock back that night. JB didn't say a word the next morning but later one of the other mechanics asked what was wrong with the radio. red faced, JB went over and refitted the speaker wires. That night the ritual repeated.

It wasn't until JB had actually finished his apprenticeship and was now a full tradesman that the topic came up about practical jokes between myself and very good friend/customer. I told him about the big speaker and it slowing the music and the clock down and about me putting the clock back 5 mins each night. Next minute JB has exploded from across the workshop saying "I knew you blokes were having a lend of me, I just couldn't prove it" The customer has just looked at JB and then at me and then absolutely lost it :lol: he was laughing so hard he had tears streaming down his face :lol:
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
I think you’re right.
I doubt there are many apprenticeship jokes to top that!
Good one!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields