A bit 'iffy' - maybe.

Place your jokes in this section. A little naughty will be tolerated but please no really vulgar ones!!! If you might be offended it may be better to bypass this section!!!
Chuck

A bit 'iffy' - maybe.

Post by Chuck »

Compliments to 'Maxine' - the cartoon version - for this one.

I hesitated putting this one up - but it is kinda funny - & factual.

I bought a bird feeder. I hung it on my back porch and filled it with seed.

What a beauty of a bird feeder it was, as I filled it lovingly with seed.

Within a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free and easily accessible food.

But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the patio, above the table, and next to the barbecue.

Then came the shit. It was everywhere: on the patio tile, the chairs, the table ........ everywhere!

Then some of the birds turned mean. They would dive bomb me and try to peck me even though I had fed them out of my own pocket.

And others birds were boisterous and loud. They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours of the day and night and demanded
that I fill it when it got low on food.

After a while, I couldn't even sit on my own back porch anymore. So I took down the bird feeder and in three days the birds were gone. I cleaned
up their mess and took down the many nests they had built all over the patio.

Soon, the back yard was like it used to be ..... quiet, serene.... and no one demanding their rights to a free meal.

Now let's see......

Our government gives out free food, subsidized housing, free medical care and free education, and allows anyone born here to be an
automatic citizen.

Then the illegal's came by the tens of thousands.

Suddenly our taxes went up to pay for free services;

Small apartments are housing 5 families;

You have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor;

Your child's second grade class is behind other schools because over half the class doesn't speak English.

Corn Flakes now come in a bilingual box;

I have to 'press one ' to hear my bank talk to me in English, and people waving flags other than "ours" are squawking and screaming
in the streets, demanding more rights and free liberties.....

Just my opinion, but maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder.

If you agree, pass it on; if not, just continue cleaning up the shit!
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Dot

Re: A bit 'iffy' - maybe.

Post by Dot »

Igzackerry spot on
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Not too sure about the "allows anyone born here to be an automatic citizen" bit after the deplorable way Dutton is handling the family from Biloela who had jobs, paid taxes, integrated into the community and have two young children who were born in Australia. I think it's time some of these pollies spent a few mths in a detention camp being treated the same way as the others there and see if they still sing the same tune.
As far as giving those who pour into our country a free ride, what about the ratbags that are second, third and fourth generation Australian taking advantage of the same free ride?
Then look at the over 60 yr olds still trying to survive on the dole till they reach 67 yrs old, could any of you do it? Worth taking a closer look at what a pensioner gets compared to what someone on new start gets ..... if they could get a job then fine, but what about those over 60 with skills that are no longer worth a cracker? The bloke who ran the high tech photo developing machine back in the days when you took your exposed film to K Mart etc to get developed and 2 sets of prints ..... what job is he trained to do now?
The bloke who operated the lift and did the advertising about what was available on each floor of the department store? The bloke who always had a smile for you and operated the scales outside the local Coles store? Even the bloke who did the grease and oil change on your car at the local servo or filled your fuel tank, checked the tyres and cleaned the windows?
It's not their fault they don't have coding skills to get the job at the local computer shop, even the bloke who repaired your TV is now out of a job and how skilled was he???? yet they are all treated like they are a burden on society ......

If you find this a bitter pill to swallow, you can either pass it on to let others know, or just ignore it because you are lucky enough not to be one of those doing it tough at the moment ....

There is always two sides to every story ... the other side is quite so funny though

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Terry need to add the many metal trade skilled folk whose positions have relocated to Thailand, Indonesia to be manufactured or the products are made in China & imported. Very hard to find a foundry anywhere these days. 👎
Shirley & Bruce.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

It's a bit like the pollie that said those pacific islanders that were going to loose their livelihood due to the rising sea level, "they won't be affected because they can come to Australia to pick fruit.
The metal trades are still here, they just make products that demand a certain level of quality to be able to sell them at the prices required for Australian manufacture. I worked for a crane mob, Favco Favelle, as a contractor located in Prestons just behind Liverpool. The company was owned by a Malaysian business man who had similar manufacturing plant in Malaysia and other cheap labour companies throughout the world. The big companies world wide, including China, would only buy the Australian produced cranes because incorruptible quality assurance was required. There was a paper chain with x rays, stamped welds with the welders registered qualifications, all on file for every crane. They attempted to build some of the sections in Malaysia and shipped them out for us to assemble. Every weld failed the X ray testing and the machining was so bad special bushes had to be made for each eye section because they were either side of the specifications by roughly 10mm, but tapered as well :roll:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO