Car Battery

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Dot

Car Battery

Post by Dot »

Was told today by the service manager that our car battery was on it's way out. They did a load test and it was on the low side so Q/ what battery would you ever so clever people suggest for our Suzuki GV (2012) :?:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Car Battery

Post by T1 Terry »

A 12v one Dottie, one that fits in the spot where the other one was with the terminals in the same positions...... Flooded cell AKA wet cell that can actually be topped up, not an AGM as the under bonnet temp shortens the cycle life of AGM batteries

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

I have a sealed lead acid battery under the bonnet of my SGT , been there for almost 5 years now , and the temp up here is a tad warmer then down there .
Bernie .
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Most are like that now days Bernie. The new one I put in the Holden a year or so ago is the same.
Just have a small window that shows red or green. They are still just basic lead acid though I think.
Dot any cheapas ones will do it. BigW have them too I reckon?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

OK thanks .
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.