ATO & Debt collector

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
native pepper

Re: ATO & Debt collector

Post by native pepper »

Scam Dot and they are everywhere. We had offers a couple of weeks ago for samsung 65inch Tv's for $200US and demands for payment from Fedex and others, which we have never used. Even had one from our local council demanding money for over due rates that the council knew nothing about.

They mainly come through our band email, which is known in the rural hospitality industry and can be annoying to have to sift through and check them out.
jamglor

Post by jamglor »

Dot I think the same as most that its a scam. When I owed the ATO some coin that I didn't know about they sent me a nasty letter from themselves.
Jamie & Glori
We would rather live with the knowledge that we lived part of our dream than none of it
Jim

Post by Jim »

There are usually "tell tales" like "you owe 357.87 AUD". Duh!!
Dot

Post by Dot »

Well 2 hrs on the ph to the tax dept . They sent a letter to us via the tax people we used in 2002 then another in 2003/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16 and not one of those got to us or were sent back to the ATO by the tax people that did our tax. NO letters to us even though they had our info. Apparently the money they want is late charges for interest earned way back when. The man G spoke to said he couldn't access files going back further than 2006 -2007 so now G has to write to the ATO lodging returns for the last 3 years and also lodge a form saying that no tax return was required.. Terry they said there is NO cut off time period when it comes to ATO. So after all this crap that a simple ph call back in 2003 could have been all sorted out. Aarhhhhh
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Seems this and previous governments have sent us so broke, we owe over $500 Billion, so they are hell bent on trying to get as much money from the people as possible, no matter what. But they are quite content to spend as much as they like on themselves and their vested interests. They are going after everyone, even if you don't owe them anything and are hoping most will accept it without question, like good slaves.
Dot

Post by Dot »

After G looked through the many many years of paperwork he has decided to take the lot down to see some tax accountant people tomorrow.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

My accountant that I used up until a few years ago told me that if there was ever any queries, it was on him.
By using him I put the onus on him & paid for that!
I'd be contacting whoever did your tax for that year as I'm sure it was them that received that letter. (& did nought!)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

Good thinking Bruce shall pass that onto Mr G.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Yep Bruce, that sounds very much like why we still pay a nice man to do our taxes. Good luck tracking that all down Dot. xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Lance

Post by Lance »

Dot. ignore it totally.
Do not respond, reply or answer ANY of their questions.
Give NO information over the phone even if they give you a contact phone number to check their credentials.

That is not the way the ATO operate.

It's a scam. don't get caught in it.
Lance & Annee
Looking for more Music Festival Dates in Victoria 8-)