Wikicamps

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Dot

Re: Wikicamps

Post by Dot »

hmmmm I pressed the download button and it led me somewhere else with unknown lingo so am going to see the Boss on Saturday :? I shall bring a jummy of some sort. :D :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I have to warn you that I've never had anything to do with Wikicamps Dot!
I have used Geowiki & put all the required (by me) POI's onto my GPS though.
Traveling down the road it's easier to have them on your GPS than your computer.
Those with smart phones probably find it easier on them?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

Not to worry if we can't figure it out have done without it for years now but it could be interesting. It was the other stuff it popped up that put me off, have no idea what things mean :) I have just finished doing a yummy and it is in the fridge. OMG George has spotted it :roll: :roll: but I shall protect it as best I can.. :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Chris61

Post by Chris61 »

Dot wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:17 pm Has anyone got the free wikicamps download?? OR is the cmca one better :?: :?: :?:
Hi Dot, buy the full version and play with it,watch the tutorials and don't give up. It is very easy to use. If you have an Android phone a few other features come in to play. At a later date try an offline GPS app called Sygic, the free version is a little limited, but if you buy the full version and get a good phone holder you will never buy another dedicated GPS. Wikicamps will send GPS coordinates straight into Sygic.

Lots to learn, but the end result is fantastic.

Cheers Chris
Dot

Post by Dot »

Hi Chris, I don't even know what an android ph is :lol: :oops: I shall discuss your post with Bruce on Sat and see if he can explain a lot of things to me :D (to do with computers and phones) Thanks
bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

perhaps lookup "wikiquillandparchment" ??
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Chris61 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:56 pm
Dot wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:17 pm Has anyone got the free wikicamps download?? OR is the cmca one better :?: :?: :?:
Hi Dot, buy the full version and play with it,watch the tutorials and don't give up. It is very easy to use. If you have an Android phone a few other features come in to play. At a later date try an offline GPS app called Sygic, the free version is a little limited, but if you buy the full version and get a good phone holder you will never buy another dedicated GPS. Wikicamps will send GPS coordinates straight into Sygic.

Lots to learn, but the end result is fantastic.

Cheers Chris
Thanks Chris, just downloaded sygic and it looks good. :D :D :D :D
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Jon and Kay

Post by Jon and Kay »

Don't forget to turn your Data connection off when using Sygic. It doesn't need it , as it works offline, but will gobble up unnecessary data if left on.
Jon
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Dot wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:07 pm Hi Chris, I don't even know what an android ph is :lol: :oops: I shall discuss your post with Bruce on Sat and see if he can explain a lot of things to me :D (to do with computers and phones) Thanks
android
noun
(in science fiction) a robot with a human appearance.

Think 'George' Dot. Tell him what to do and he does it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry George.
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Just watch Dr who 👹☠️👽💩👾
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini