Deceased Jimny

Any items that you wish to sell or otherwise rid yourself of can be placed in here.
Greynomad

Re: Deceased Jimny

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
I checked out UMMPA on Google Earth...
:? Are you sure there's room? 8-) :D
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Lance

Post by Lance »

Lance & Annee
Looking for more Music Festival Dates in Victoria 8-)
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

You know....

Each one is a little smaller.

Maybe you could stack them in like the Russian dolls.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 6:10 pm T1,
I checked out UMMPA on Google Earth...
:? Are you sure there's room? 8-) :D
That was mean and cruel, you knew I'd have to go to Google maps and check it out :oops:
Just so Peter feels comfortable that there is always a spot for him or anyone else who wants to visit, we are putting in a multi level stackable car parking set up for our collection https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pZsdHZrMI4 and later maybe one of these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKUgHLsAkZA :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Rest easy Ray, Jim is scheduled to be fitted into an available time slot with the young bloke up the road to pull the transmission out so I can strip it and see if a rebuild is practical or if it's better to search for another transmission. My neck and back are no longer interested in crawling under a vehicle to unbolt anything much, so avoid indefinite delays on Jim's return to life I'll have to pay someone to do the R&R part ... that's a mechanics term for Remove and Replace, thought I'd best add that before the clever people on this forum twisted into something a little more sinister :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Oh Terry, what you said? Some of the people here may be offended. There aren't any smart arse's here except for ..... and ..... and a few others. :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:
If you can't fix the trans then let me know and I will see if some of the local Suzi wreckers have anything that might be of assistance.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:21 pm Oh Terry, what you said? Some of the people here may be offended. There aren't any smart arse's here except for ..... and ..... and a few others. :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:
If you can't fix the trans then let me know and I will see if some of the local Suzi wreckers have anything that might be of assistance.
And here was me thinking you were volunteering to come down and take the transmission out for me ;) :lol:
I suspect the torque converter has disintegrated and spread the fine metal bits through the transmission. If I can get all the bits out of the valve body and get it functioning again and fit a new torque converter it shouldn't be too nasty a job, but if the bits are logged in friction plates and Torrington rollers, then it's a bin job and source another one from a Wrecker or maybe a reco unit if such a thing exists.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

I was chatting to a mechanic coupla weeks after The Great Handover.
Described how Jim declined then karked it.
His guess—and he stressed it was a guess— is that the two halves of the torque converter somehow came together and destroyed one another.
Good luck, T1!
Hope he is wrong. 🙏
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:00 pm I was chatting to a mechanic coupla weeks after The Great Handover.
Described how Jim declined then karked it.
His guess—and he stressed it was a guess— is that the two halves of the torque converter somehow came together and destroyed one another.
Good luck, T1!
Hope he is wrong. 🙏
That is my diagnosis as well, the Torrington roller collapses that keeps all the bits away from each other and they just rip each other to shreds, spraying all the bits through the transmission via to transmission fluid till it jams something up. A lot of oil is pumped through the torque converter to keep it cool so it doesn't take very long for it move the fine bits of metal through the other parts.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Gee you blokes like to look for the worst.....
Probably just needs a new spark plug!! (& a Margaret cut & polish!)
BruceS
Mannum, SA