Deceased Jimny

Any items that you wish to sell or otherwise rid yourself of can be placed in here.
mottleemob

Re: Deceased Jimny

Post by mottleemob »

If you need parts try auto diff trans parts at Pooraka they do all auto parts
cheers Phil
:mrgreen:
Phil,Ann and Mia the spoilt dog
Wanna be grey nomads from SA
Its a Jayco and we love it
R I P Bonnie
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

BruceS wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:09 pm Gee you blokes like to look for the worst.....
Probably just needs a new spark plug!! (& a Margaret cut & polish!)
Nup, It is a Jap Auto. It will be flocked!!!
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Tsk! Tsk! David,
Are you telling T1 to get flocked? :oops:
Is that allowed, Bruce? :lol: :P
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Ray, I'd never do that to T1. :P I was suggesting that there is no middle ground with jap autos. The are either going great or hand grenaded and no longer serviceable. As in, all the good bits flocked off with the pidgeons!!
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

just drop a trimatic into it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I saw that the earlier models had tri-magics in them, but I think they were a different motor as well so maybe there isn't a bell housing that adapts them together. A Tri-magic would be the ideal solution, use the 4 cyl valve body and build the clutch packs to V8 specs. I reckon I could still rebuild one those in my sleep cause I've built so many of them. Even better would be a Borg warner 35 built with the 6cyl Ford clutches and gearset, the 4 cyl would never be able to break one of them.
It will probably be a s/h box and inverter from the wreckers though if this one is cactus, don't really have the time for mix and match at the moment or in the foreseeable future cause things are kinda busy.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

As the Late Lamented Jim the Junior Jeep came standard with a 1.3 litre four attached to a 4speed auto, acceleration was, to put it politely, “leisurely.”
I always thought that Suzuki should have sold it with either a standard or optional 1.5 litre engine. The 2019 model has 1.5 as standard.
As the Vitara (then only slightly larger) had an optional 3.0 litre V6, I broached with a mechanic mate the idea of a transplant. He laughed.
Said I’d have to widen the front track, redesign front suspension and beef up both the front and rear drive system and brakes (from discs & drums to all discs! plus body mods to accommodate the new suspension & wheel track.)
So I passed on that idea. 😐
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I had toyed with the idea of adapting the motor genset from the Korean Hyundai Ioniq hybrid in place or the 4 sp auto to give it an additional 32kW of drive from standstill and putting that directly into the transfer box ...... but then I realised I wouldn't have a reverse gear unless I uncoupled the motor to petrol engine link and ran the hybrid motor in reverse the way Hyundai do it .... well as far as I understand that is how they do it ..... more research but probably a project too far, so back to the 4 sp auto repair/replace.
32kW off the mark would have solved the "leisurely acceleration" problem and the regen would solve the braking problem, not sure about the diffs handling it, but that would only be a problem if we hooned it off the mark .... well, umm......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO